All reviewszona colonialcalle las damasquiet streetbreakfast was deliciouswithin easy walking distanceisabelplazacathedral
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My girlfriend and i travel to DR about 4 times a year. We are from the Cibao region and usually stay in our own homes. When we travel to the capital we always stay at Coco boutique. Perfectly located in the Old Colonial city, it is a short walk from a bunch of attractions and shopping. Also a longer walk/ short drive to El Malecon and all the great restaurants there. The owners are very friendly and knowledgable. I found security to be very adequate. The room was very clean and AC was good. The breakfast was wonderful. The roof top deck is the perfect place to either wind down or get ready to head out into the night. My girlfriend and i have recommended this place to few friends and they have loved the experiecne as well.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Coco Boutique Hotel was the easiest experience I've ever had travelling. From the first communications with the owners, Eduardo and Elizabeth, to the last cocktail I had there, it was a breeze. The same breeze that gently blows through the white washed lobby, making the sheer white tulle curtains in the windows float and ondulate . Eduardo speaks perfect English, and even though my Spanish is great, I still appreciated the continuity with home. Being small, the hotel has a very cozy, familiar feel. There is very little noise, inside or outside. Coco Boutique is situated in a quiet corner of the colonial city, where two old streets converge on a little parquette dressed in a terracota-colored stone and framed by white balustrades overlooking an old Spanish military fort. Beyond it is the Caribbean, which I could see from my second floor room window. My room was small, impeccably clean, with a good bed, a well functioning air conditioner and a spacious bathroom. There was no telephone in the room, but you can use one at the reception for short calls. If you bothered to bring your laptop, there is Wi-Fi access.
The staff was very obliging and professional at all times. The hotel serves a basic breakfast of fruit, bread, juice, coffee, ham and cheese. There is also a menu from which extra dishes, like scrambled eggs, Spanish tortilla or Spanish crepes, can be ordered.
I regularly ordered from the extras menu and they were all great. The crepes were amazing! At the reception, one can order alcholic and non-alcoholic cocktails and ice cream, very refreshing and reasonably priced. One feels secure and well taken care of at the Cobo Boutique hotel. The unobtrusive and modern design is the labour of love of Elizabeth, the owner, who also runs an interior design company. Travelling alone or with family (rooms are of different sizes), this hotel is a little gem, your home away from home in the middle of the boisterous Santo-Domingo.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Excellent staff responded to my needs with sandwiches and a bottle of wine (very good wine, low price) after a long day of frustrating travel.

My room was pleasantly small, minimally furnished, modern and color centered.

Conviently located in the southeastern corner of the Colonial Zone I could walk to restaurants and museums safely.

Wonderful breakfast, great staff, happy guests, candles in the sea breeze on the roof top with a view of the sea and a gentleman propriorter

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank raydielman
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I stayed in Coco Boutique 2 Nights. The Rooms have amenities and details everywhere, beds are good and comfortable. All rooms have A/C and Ceiling fans.

Breakfast is really good with Fresh fruits and Juices, Breads, Coffee. Excellent Service. Lobby area is really nice with good music. You can relax, read a book or spend some time chatting with friends. They also have some good cocktails that are not expensive at all.

Eduardo and the Staff ( Yaneris guest service and Isabel housekeeping are always there to help you).

Hotel is Located just 2 blocks from the main street in the Colonial Zone and you will be able to find a good restaurant or bar. Also you can find stores to get

I make arrangements thru their website for my transportation from the Airport in Sto Domingo to the Hotel. The driver was waiting for me with a sign with my name on it. Price is US$$40.00. Easy and Convenient.

Really nice place. Hotel is really well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank amartinezalv
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and 3 year old son stayed at Coco Boutique May 24-27, 2010. We arranged before hand for a hotel transfer and the driver picked was there to greet us at the airport upon our arrival. It's a quick trip from the airport to the hotel.

Coco Boutique offers great value. Our room was better than expected though if you have more than one child with you, you might find it a bit small. It was just fine for us; we found we had more than enough room even with our son's cot (which the hotel provided) in the room. The breakfasts were also very good.

The owners and staff went out of their way to accomodate our 3 year old son, which meant so much to us. Eduardo even packed our son a lunch (free of charge) when he found out we were going out for a day trip where it would be difficult to find lunch. Eduardo was helpful in negotiating with the cab driver to ferry us around on our day trip and making sure the cab driver did not overcharge us.

Overall we had a fantastic stay. We would stay again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family