All reviewszona colonialcalle las damasquiet streetbreakfast was deliciouswithin easy walking distanceisabelplazacathedral
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The decoration is beautiful, and just entering you feel relaxed and refreshed. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The hotel has an AMAZING roof terrace which makes a great place for reading, relaxing, having dinner or enjoying a drink at sunset. I would come back to the DR just to spend some more days here! I HIGHLY highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelnati
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My girlfriend Amarilys and I always stay at this hotel when we visit the capital. This time we traveled with another couple who were visiting DR for the first time. They loved the place just as much as we always do. It is great to see the hotel expanding and including dinner options. The addition to the roof-top lounge (bar, more beds) were excellent. As always the service was great and the ambience was very "cool".

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CnL1507
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The eleven square blocks of Santo Domingo's Colonial District is one the world's greatest historical wonderlands with a wonderous vibe of the ability to wander safely around (with the usual caveat of don't be stupid).. Located at the foot of Calle de las Damas ,the first street Europeans paved in the Americas, is the beautiful poet's Plaza named for Arturo Pellerano Castro an early 20th century modernist who live here and this plaza was where he drank and cavorted with the his fellow Bohemian writers. A true Carribean, he was born in Curacau. He wrote under the name Byron and his most famous poem was entitled Champagne. My kind of guy. Now the checker players and Coco Boutique's sidewalk tables continue that past eras felicity. The view overlooks the Forteleza and the river Ozama as well as the breakwater and the Caribbean Sea beyond.

Its so easy to fall in love with the giddy charm of this place. The proprietors are a young couple from Madrid who have bought along that city's sophisticated hipness. They are design professionals and everywhere you look there are things to see and admire. At night the lighting is delightful and delovely. While our room was not large it was furnished with deftness and whimsy in a way that leaves a feeling of plenty.of room. The shower and bath were large and sumptuous. How wonderful to find a small hotel with the luxury of a stroll to the roof for sunset.

The proprietors Eduardo and Elizabeth, the chef and all the many staff were friendly, professional and caring without being obtrusive or obsequious. In fact they were fun to be around. Eduardo's advice and recommendations were most excellent.

Breakfast and dinner in particular were more than the usual fare. I don't know how they do it with so few covers. I do know, The chef is excellent. We had dinner twice, sidewalk and rooftop. We were dazzled and sated. Steak of DR's grass fed beef. Pasta Arrabiata and superb toasts of ham Iberico and white anchovies. The wine selections were outstanding particularly the Malbecs (we had three priced well below what we were used t paying) and the Ribera del Duero. The Pilsener was cold, the caipirinhas Ipanimac. After the Dolce de Leche crepes, the dark anejo rum and superb coffee were a postprandial pleasure that lingered as evening faded under starlight.

Mostly I don't think about the fact that in the great big scheme of things there is nothing more valuable than time but when I have a great time with warm human interaction and fair prices it is no longer a calculation. It is timeless and takes on a priceless quality. This place has the ineffable duende,which will always make it worth it. It has joy and a magical kind of give and take. It's a lot of fun too.

Perhaps it was the Malbecs but whenever I think of The Coco Boutique Hotel I hear my man Carlos Gardel singing my favorite; Volver..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bishbob
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed at Coco Boutique Hotel about 3 years ago for the first time and up until a year ago, I stayed there everytime I came to Santo Domingo. It's the perfect place to relax, the perfect place to disconnect from reality. The rooms are cool, fresh and bright, each decorated uniquely. The downstairs area (breakfast area, chill-out area and lobby) are perfect to let your mind drift, enjoy the breeze that runs through, read a book or have a delicious cocktail. The recently opened restarant upstairs on the rooftop, Spoon, is simply amazing! Decoration is fabulous, food is amazing, service is excellent and has the best view in the Colonial Zone, looking out on to the sea ... simply perfect!

Now I live in Santo Domingo and I visit the hotel owners on a regular basis and enjoy a luxurious dinner at Spoon as often as I can! Walking into Coco Boutique is like leaving a beautifully chaotic city behind and entering a serene and friendly sanctuary. Coco Boutique is, by far, the best place to enjoy your stay in Santo Domingo ... without a doubt!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2011

From the moment you walk into Coco Boutique Hotel you enter a sanctuary of peaceful elegance. The owners and staff are always quietly on hand to attend to your every need, whether it be information about the surrounding area to where to spend your evenings from Internet access to providing you with the most luscious breakfasts and serving delicious dinners in the rooftop restaurant Spoon but without impinging on your own personal experience of this wonderful cosy and friendly boutique hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business