Charming Hotel !
we stayed there for one night on our way to Samana
The hotel located zone colonial in a 500 years old structure (used to be a convent) , the decoration was also very nice and get you in right atmosphere .
very helpful and friendly staff.
although we mentioned in our reservation that we are Honeymoon couple we recieved room with two separate beds , we were tired and for only one night we did not bother to exchange room.
The room has safe , fan , AC .old TV . they have mosquito problem .I wish they spray before guest arrival instead of leaving repellent in room .
Breakfast was nice with fresh fruits , bread and spreads.
would recommend .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XVIth century old convent, El Beaterio witnesses the history of Santo Domingo for almost 500 years. Faithfully restored in keeping with the original charm and architecture of its period, this quaint and private hotel offers its guests a unique atmosphere of the inimitable Dominican art de vivre. Nested in the heart of the colonial city, El Beaterio offers eleven coquettish and sober rooms, laid out around a flowery colonial interior patio. Between its stone walls, it’s a peace oasis in the middle of a vibrant and enlivened city. Established in 1530 with the beatas given the task of collecting girls of all ages, Spanish and mixed race, lost on Earth». You’ll find out what a beaterio is, and you’ll learn about the religious figures responsible for its foundation in Santo Domingo. You’ll discover two residents of El Beaterio, Sor Leonor de Ovando and Dona Elvira de Mendoza, first poets of the New World. Since 1990 when UNESCO declared the Colonial City of Santo Domingo as “World Heritage Site”, El Beaterio is classified as “building of documental, historic and architectural value”. In 2016, El Beaterio is officially recognized as Dominican Republic’s first hotel-museum by the Ministry of Culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your El Beaterio Casa Museo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Beaterio Hotel Santo Domingo
- El Beaterio Santo Domingo