El Beaterio Casa Museo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Luca Hotel(Santo Domingo)
View Hotel
Casas del XVI(Santo Domingo)
View Hotel
Hotel Dona Elvira(Santo Domingo)
Billini Hotel(Santo Domingo)
View Hotel
Boutique Hotel Palacio(Santo Domingo)
View Hotel
Hotel Villa Colonial(Santo Domingo)
Hotel Monumental(Santo Domingo)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Conde de Penalba(Santo Domingo)
  • Restaurant
Casa Naemie(Santo Domingo)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Portes 9(Santo Domingo)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewszona colonialrestored conventrecommend elunique boutique hotelbeautiful rooftoplush courtyardorder eggsrooftop areaguest houseconstruction noiseold worldguest roomsfull kitchenhistorical sitesstayed here for two nightsmy home away from homethe staff was friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here last week and the staff was always very helpful and kind. The courtyard is very beautiful at sunrise. If we needed public transportation the hotel would arrange and they would be there before it was time to go. Great location from shopping, money exchange, restaurants, and the grocery store. I would highly recommend this location if you are going to stay in Santo Domingo!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Trice S
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The past week I spent one of the best times of my life hosted at El Beaterio. The classic historical design of the place was striking as we arrived just before sunrise. The open interior courtyard became quite the social area as we all moved between our private rooms and the main areas of the hotel. Laughs were had was the staff and the manager Maria was kind, caring and accommodating to everything my group needed or wanted. I plan on telling ANYONE with intentions of visiting Santo Domingo to stay at El Beaterio.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JasonFrancis914
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Beaterio for four nights and I loved everything about it. The hotel is charming and beautiful, the staff are kind and welcoming, and the simple daily breakfast is delicious. Hotel Beaterio is on a quiet street in the Zona Colonial within walking distance of many of the historical attractions. The hotel is peaceful and charming.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank SusieKilimanjaro
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I recently stayed at El Beaterio. While the hotel is charming, and historic I think that it is the friendly and helpful staff that makes the hotel's rating move from very good to excellent. On the last day of my stay, I sprained my ankle at a museum. The staff were very helpful and caring. They changed my room from the first floor to the ground floor and moved all of my stuff to the new room as I could not walk upstairs.

When you check in they tell you that they have to ensure that the room is in order. The receptionist goes to the room and turns on the lights, AC etc (I don't want to give it all away.) A simple, but effective way to make your room welcoming when you enter for the first time.

During my stay I stayed in 3 rooms as I spent some days in other parts of the DR and then returned to Santo Domingo. Some of the rooms can be improved with small renovations. My only complaint about the rooms is that the mood lighting is not suitable for reading.

Room Tip: The rooms are on the perimeter of a courtyard as in most old spanish buildings. The upstairs rooms are more private.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank 201Elizabeth
Reviewed September 29, 2012

When you ring the front doorbell of El Beaterio you are greeted by a smiling staff member who welcomes you to this quaint, historical hotel that was originally a convent. This two story guesthouse has a large sitting area and two small breakfast rooms. Rooms are off of the open-air courtyard. My room (#3) has two twin beds making forming a larger one, two chairs, a small bedside table and another table along the wall. The bathroom was tiny with a sink, toilet and small shower. Each room has a television. The breakfast was great. I recommend staying one, or maybe two nights so you can explore this area which is a World Heritage site.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business