Hotel Napolitano
$179
JW Marriott
$153
$125
Boutique Hotel Palacio(Santo Domingo)
$77
$119
$107
  • Pool
Barcelo Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
$89
$134
CrownePlaza.com
$110
  • Breakfast included
$119
$97
Priceline
Casas del XVI(Santo Domingo)
$223
Hotels.com
All reviewsqueen sizefacing the seanice hotel to staysmall casinobed sheetsstayed here for nightspool area isshort stayrecommend this hotelcolonial zonespecial thanksmaleconpaulinaterrazabellmanconsdomingo
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 6, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I have used this hotel since about 1980. For reasons I really cannot understand, the sevices in this hotel have changed dramatically over the years. About two years ago, I made a reservation in that hotel and when I arrived I was told that I did not have that reservation. I explained that I came from Texas, USA, and that it would be impossible for me to come tho that hotel without having that reservation. I did not get help and instead I had to find a diffeent hotel. About three weeks ago, I made the mistake of getting anotehr reservation in the same hotel and when I arrived I did not get the room I selected via the internet site for this hotel (including an internationa call I paid to be sure I will get that room). I was placed in a room that was most apporiate for rats. I spent three days trying to get a different room and then I was placed in another room that was not really different from the first room. Overall, the service was really bad. People at the front desk were not friendly,. Once several people at the front desk realized who I was (e.g., a doctor and professor in the USA with many scientific papers an books published, and very well connected with "important" people in Santo Domingo) they wanted to please me...but it was too late!!! Then I learned that the hotel is now under the mangement of a French company and that this company only cares abouyt how many people come to the hotel to play at its casino...I do not use my money in casinos, so I guess I was not really welcome!!!. The point is this: Never, never stay at the Hotel Napolitano!!!!!! You would do better if you rent a car, put the airconditioning on, and then use that car for your hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Conconete
HotelElNapolitano, Gerente at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

New administration.

Valued Customer.

We apologize on behalf of the management if the experience in our facilities was not expected, I invite you to visit us and try our new rooms fully renovated and most professional service dedicated to you to have a pleasant stay.
Apologizing new mind and waiting for your visit.

Att.
Management.

Reviewed October 4, 2008

Santo Domingo hasn't any beach for pleasant time. Beaches are miles away. So... Napolitano Hotel, on the beach side ? Ah ah ! Napolitano is located in front of the sea but just above the Santo Dominguo main road. All the room are small, noisy (or very noisy), above the (little) swimming pool and the bar (whit orchestra at night...). So, it's a very expensive hotel for this. And the restaurant too !!! My advice : Check in wwith downtown hotel (like Sofitel, more exepnsive) or near Placa de Espana (very beautiful) or in the downtown. You will not have the sea but may be you'll have a pleasant and quiet night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2008

I just spent a week at the Napolitano. I have never experienced such incredible friendly service starting from the manager, the people at the reception and the ladies cleaning my room. It felt better than being at home.
Great idea to have live music every night by the pool, especially for those who are tired and do not feel like going out at night .
I definitely recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to visit Santo Domingo.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Alexios A
Reviewed April 21, 2008

The worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. The rooms are dirty, beds hard, cheap sheets(not even fitted to bed), toilet didn't work, no clock or radio in rooom. The staff is unprofessional and unknowledgable about anything. The only thing about the hotel that was nice was the outside restaurant. I would not recommend or ever stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo