Antiguo Hotel Europa
Boutique Hotel Palacio(Santo Domingo)
$69
$98
$75
$67
$122
$119
  • Pool
Barcelo Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
$100
$89
$162
$150
$94
$147
$112
Priceline
Casas del XVI(Santo Domingo)
$331
$288
$219
  • Pool
All reviewsbeautiful rooftop terracecolonial zoneplaza espanabreakfast is servedorder eggschain hotelsgladly stay here againno windowsafe hotelwelcome drinkwithin easy walking distanceel condethe hotel offershistoric sitesupon checkair conditionerthe location is perfect
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in a central room (ie no windows). I didn't mind but my friend did feel a bit claustrophobic. The room was spacious enough for the 2 of us however we did find it incovenient that aside from the 2 beds and a chest of drawers there were no chairs or anything you could put things on (there is a wardrobe but that's only hanging space). The hotel did not appear to have many guests when we stayed so it was rather quiet and a bit clinical, but it is in a great location, we felt safe, it was clean and the front desk staff were helpful. An additonal bonus was being able to have our rented car parked at the front with the hotel staff keeping their eye on it. Overall we were happy with the hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ExploringSoul
Reviewed September 26, 2012

we stayed at the hotel for 3 days mostly because the area was recommended and it was very cheap. The area is very rundown because of politics from what I understand. The room was very small but clean. we had convenient parking across from the hotel. Very hard to find parking in that area. My husband and I walked around and enjoyed the old buildings. A lot of people will try to get money from you so be prepared to say no or to haggle. The bartender was this young college student and she was so funny and courteous. Really pleasant to talk to and very informative. The service at the hotel was excellent. Really courteous and pleasant people. We felt very secure inside.I'm not sure if they corrected the address here but I hope they did. We spent like an hour looking for the place and it didn't help that it was on a one way street. Overall a good experience and great price. Room service is tasty and cheap!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Enrique Z, General Manager at Antiguo Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Sir/madam:

We are very grateful for the positive review you share with readers of tripadvisor and I'm glad to share with you that the goverment along with other investors decide to relaunch and remodelate the Colonial Zone, we hope that for your next visit you'll find more improvements on the area as well as in the hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff- From the manager to housekeeping. Very helpful, friendly and always ready to help you. I know them all by name.
The location-You are close to everything, you are a short walk to El Conde, the number one shopping street in the zona colonial. A few steps and you are at the Plaza Espana, a great place for that morning walk. The Tourist Info Center is also there, maps, guides, all you need to take your own walking tour of the zona colonial. Taxis are in the front of the hotel, ask for David, tell him Roger from Oklahoma referred you. Around the corner is a Small Fast Food, cheap and good. Try the Hot Dogs. Ramon works their in the evenings and can give you a lot of good info. Also arounf the corner on Duarte Street is the Museum of Juan Pablo Durarte, its free to visit and is full of history. The attendant will give you a great tour. Don't forget to tip him, he's worth it.
Price- I checked around and this was the best , cost includes a free light breakfast (eggs, potatoes, cold cut/cheese, toast, coffee and juice and of course great service, all located on the 4th floor terrace). Rooms are excellent and the TV has 40 English Channels.

I stayed two weeks, will reurn. The only negative thing was leaving.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the Mezz it was near the computer and the view of street activity was great..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank roger b

Dear Mr. Roger:

We are very happy to know that our hotel met your overall expectations and that you left our place with both a positive opinion as well as considering a hotel to which you would or might return. On behalf of me and my staff thank you very much.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here twice as a family. The rooms vary, so request a larger one if you have four sharing a room. We definitely had a better room the second time, on the side of the hotel on the second floor. We loved the outdoor breakfast buffet (included) and view out over the city. It's an easy walk to all of the restaurants and bars in the Zona Colonial. The staff were all very accommodating, even ensuring that we had a very reasonable rate for the taxi to the airport. (It's about 20-30 minutes way by car.) Looking around at some other historic hotels in the area, it probably won't be long before this little hotel gets renovated and becomes far more upscale. For now it's an excellent value.

Room Tip: Although the rooms in the back are quiet, you may be looking out at a wall. Request a side room instead.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lambrose
Enrique Z, General Manager at Antiguo Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Sir:

I am very grateful for the positive review you share with readers of the tripadvisor internet pages and more than happy to see that you came twice with your family.

I have taken notice of the constructive comments you made about the remodelation and we do have plans to do so starting by our rooms. I Hope you keep coming with your family next time you plan to come to Santo Domingo.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I loved this little hotel, very cool place. The best thing I found about this hotel is the location and the people! All of the people that work here were very friendly and very helpful, and it is very close to the Zona Colonial, so you can walk instead of getting a taxi and save money. The only thing I didn't like is I had a room next to the street and it was very noisy! If I stay here again I will definitely ask for a room as far away from the street as possible!

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the street as possible!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jksmith7877
Enrique Z, General Manager at Antiguo Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Received a warm regard on behalf of the Europa Hotel Boutique family, I would like to thank you very much for taking a portion of your time to sharing your views and impressions of our hotel with readers of Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to know that our hotel met your overall expectations and that you left our place with both a positive opinion as well as considering a hotel to which you would or might return..

Kind regards,