“A hidden good place”

Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Santo Domingo
New York City, New York
“A hidden good place”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

It was a nice surprise, thanks to a friend suggestion, because of the price point, I was not especting to much, but it was a good place to stay for a couple of days in a business trip.
Is a small building, right in the center of town, with easy acces to all main avenues.
Nice and clean, with no mayor decoration, but good.
The room was spacious, but not fancy, I may will like domethin a litter big better, but was fine and clean.
Another great surprise was the first floor restaurant and terrace; AMAIZING FOOD!, and at a very affordable prices.
Room service was efficient.
I highly recommended for a Bussines trip.

• Stayed June 2014
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hello Yanet,
As you can see we're a business hotel focused in 100% service & confort for
our guests,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay in our property,
best regards,
Public Relations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Everything was great with our stay until we were asleep. I woke up around 1AM to hear the room above us talking loudly... I think the tile floors just allow everything to come through. I called the front desk but I don't think they did anything to resolve the matter. It was definitely an uncomfortable nights sleep because of this. Everything else at the hotel was just fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NateYounker
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear guest,
We apologize about the noise problem,we really have a strict policy,
I would like to talk about the issue by e-mail or by phone for to
clear any doubt.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Pictures do no justice to the calm and peaceful atmosphere at the pool area a top the 8th floor at the BQ Santo Domingo. The view of the surrounding condo's and downtown area on the background are just amazing. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. I sleept like a rock, not a sound to disturb me I was quite shocked because Im a very light sleeper and always no matter where I go one or two guest at any hotel decide they want to take the party up to their room and ruin everyone elses peace, not at the BQ. My compliments to the staff, I would recommended to all my family and friends. 2 thumbs up...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rich R
Dear guest,
We appreciate your comments & we're really glad our property has
reached your expectatives.
Team BQ Santo Domingo wishes you the best and hope to see you soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days with a large group on a business trip. I'm the travel coordinator, so I interacted with the hotel staff often. Everyone was so helpful and nice! I spoke mostly in Spanish with them, but nearly every employee seemed to have a good command of English (for those travelers who are concerned). The rooms are big and clean. They have an air conditioner, a tv, an in-room safe (though a few of our travelers couldn't get theirs to work), and a great shower with constant hot water. The breakfast buffet was great, with a nice mix of local and American-style options. The pool is small, but the whole pool area is very pretty. One day there was a birthday party happening, so it was pretty crowded. The location isn't ideal- you have to take a taxi to the colonial zone and its main tourist attractions. However, they have taxis waiting outside, so it's very easy.
Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us! We appreciate all your generous comments about our wonderful staff & hotel.
We're very sorry about the security box issues of your partners,we would have solved it with any
problem.
It will be a pleasure to serve you in future trips to DR,
best regards,

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Hi , im writing this review while I am here at the hotel... So far it has been very good.. Ill start by saying the price of the hotel is excelent! The staff is good... They all try to speak english to you if you dont know spanish!!
The hotel is nice , the pool is on the rooftop which is pretty cool and they have a jacuzzi , bar and gym up there. Its a nice view to overloook the city. No beach here. You have to drive to boca chica about 15-20 min away.. Its a very central location. They have a great breakfast buffet. My girlfriend and I gave up our All inclusive hotel in Punta Cana to come here. Punta cana was just too boring for us.. We like to be around Real Dominicans verses A bunch of old Russians and Germans.. No Disrespect to them but they are just there to be tourist. We wanted to see the city.. We will defenitly be returning here Despite the fact that we had to change rooms 3 times the room we are in now is perfect!! Thank you BQ hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear guest,
We appreciate your comment and satisfaction,
we're glad to see your gratitude through our property.
Although we apologize about the drawback on your room.
It will be a pleasure to serve you in your next D.R. trip,
Best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at the BQ for just one night with my fiancee. Upon arrival, the staff greeted us and everyone was exceptionally friendly! Our room was adorable, just what we needed for the night. I gave the Sleep Quality an average rating because the beds were a bit stiff for my liking, but to each their own! We heard about Vent lounge on the roof of the hotel & planned on checking it out before ending our night, but our travels earlier in the day wore us out & we didnt get to experience it. The following morning we went up to the 8th floor where Vent is located & boy were we upset we didn't go the night before! What a beauty!!! Spectacular views of the capital from the roof, stylish decor, a pool, jacuzzi, & bar. The breakfast was buffet style and the options were endless! There was a lot of variety in the food. And again the staff was incredibly attentive and friendly. We sucked up the beauty of this hotel as much as we could before we had to check out. We left in agreement that the next time we visited Santo Domingo, without a doubt we would bring our friends & stay at BQ again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 612 with a view of the capital & an oceanview in the distance.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth M
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Elisabeth,

We are very happy that our property has reached your expectatives,
through private message you can write us about your future R.D. travel,
and we will solve the bed issue with out any problem.
Our team appreciates your comments & satisfaction,

Jordi Navarro,
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the BQ for nearly 2 weeks. The rooms in one tower are updated, but the rooms with the kitchen are not. They still have old tv's, but I did hear some construction during the day, so I think that they are in the process of updating that side as well. We had a couple of minor problems in the room. The kitchen sink was not working & the toilet was leaking, but again these were minor issues & they sent someone to fix the problem right away! The staff are so friendly & accommodating. We ask for a flat screen & they brought one from an unoccupied room. The rooftop lounge & pool are awesome with views of the city & ocean. The restaurant is very classy & plays English music out on the patio & with great food, drinks, & the perfect tropical breeze it is a great setting! There is a currency exchange in the hotel. The mall is 3 blocks away. I would stay here again expecially after the update!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jameka J
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thankyou for letting us know about your stay,as you can see,we care about our guest
accomodation & service.
We're very sorry about your issues,although minor but cannot happen.Also we are changing
all tv's for flat screens.

It will be a pleasure to serve you in future trips to R.D.,
Best regards,