I stayed here for two weeks for business travel. I have a hard time working out while on the road because hotels consider a "gym" to be a sole treadmill in a room with mirrors on the wall. The BQ does have the afformentioned gym; HOWEVER, they give you free access to a gym about a 7 min. walk away that is by far the nices gym I've been to in my life. You have to see it to believe it. It's a safe area so don't be afraid to walk there.
I also love the restaurant here. It has an indoor part and an outdoor part, and with the DR's fantastic climate you can sit outside any time of day or night. After a long day of work it's nice to sit on the patio for a drink or a long dinner- if I lived here it's a place I would come back to to hang out.
The staff of the hotel and the restaurant are very friendly. The rooms feel old, but they clean them up pretty nice. If you stay here, I hope you like waking up to the sound of roosters (I do).
If you are here between October and February make sure you catch a baseball game of the Tigres de Licey (the Yankees of the DR). If you are here on the weekend check out the historic center. When you ask about the beach people will tell you about Punta Cana and Boca Chica. I went to Punta Cana, it's very upscale, you won't find a lot of Dominican's, but you will find a lot of Europeans. The beach is beautiful, but don't let people in Santo Domingo tell you it's 45 minutes away- it's not, it's more like 2:30 - 3 hours. I didn't go to Boca Chica, but it's a lot closer and it's where the Dominicans go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a corporate hotel focused on business people. We have the best location in the heart of the city of Santo Domingo, just 35 minutes from the International Airport of Las Americas and with easy access to the main avenues of the metropolitan area. The hotel has 137 comfortable rooms fully equipped to make your stay a most memorable and pleasant one. In any of our 7 banquet rooms you may realize social, corporate or educational activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bq Santo Domingo By Bq Hotel Santo Domingo
- Delta Santo Domingo
- Bq Santo Domingo By Hotel
- Santo Domingo Delta