“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels
Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this lovely hotel. It is within walking distance to eating areas and shopping. Service was excellent. Room was very nice and staff was very helpful . Restaurant is reasonably priced and they have a good breakfast .

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Galandaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having heard of the rooftop lounge restaurant Bianco (designed by a friend) I decided to stay here a few days to test it out. While centrally located and quiet relative to Santo Domingo terms, the hotel is not up to modern standards.

Built possibly in the 70's it features a Colonial style with thin, dark wood doors, hardware store ceramic tiles in white and jade (7 of which are cracked in the shower stall), windows that don't latch and old, thin linens. The hallways remind me of a student dorm and the lobby is awkwardly located off an underpass to the parking.

My room on the 3rd floor north side faces a public school and is within earshot of the roosters is a neighbouring yard. Who needs an alarm clock anyways - I hope dawn is ok for you :)

The Spanish restaurant is capable and street-facing and the rooftop lounge plays some good grooves. Staff are polite and WiFi works well mostly.

The BQ would be ok at a lesser price and a lesser star rating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Air_Miles_2012
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed there with my boyfriend for 4 nights. He was visiting the country for the first time. The room was very clean and the bathroom, which I loved. We had wifi all the time and the staff was extra nice. We stayed on the 6th floor so there was no noise that came from the Bianco discotheque on the 8th floor. We went to the pool and used the jacuzzi also. It is all very elegant and beautiful. The actual beach is outside the city... we drove one hour to go to Hemingway beach near Juan Dolio.

The hotel is located in the Sarasota avenue which is pretty centric and you can go from there to anywhere in the city.

The breakfast at Casa Mencia Restaurant was delicious and my boyfriend loved the coffee there.

If you want a clean room and delicious breakfast for a convenient price this is the place to go in Santo Domingo. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I would recommend to choose a room from the 6th floor and below because I have read the disco at nig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ambber05
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel was super clean. The staff seemed to be very accommodating as well. While the neighborhood isn't the best for foot travel, you felt very comfortable in the hotel and could spend the day there if needed hanging at the beautiful "Bianco" on the roof, with a nice pool and a solid view.

Only drawback to the room itself was the bed. Maybe they had others in other rooms, I'm not sure, but this one wasn't very good at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I love this hotel is wonderful I recommend to stay there love it wonderful staf , food and everything 2 thums up . I felt like this was a chic hotel that could be in Spain or Miami , and all of the coolest people were there, so it's great if your young or still want to be youthful. The beds and comfortable and I had cable and a refrigerator and I had Two beds , each was comfortable . This is a great choice for a hotel and everyone there is helpful and nice in other words , caridad .

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Vimaga
Mariam G, Guest Relations Manager at BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear guest, we are grateful that you have written that comment from us, it made us enormously happy. We are pleased we have filled your expectations and we hope to see you soon with us on your next vacation.

Best Regards
BQ Santo Domingo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very pleasant staff with a genuine desire to help. I stayed for business, but their attention made me forget often about my hectic schedule. The wifi is a plus (and free!!!) which made my life such more easier. Great location, close to everything . . . managed to get some shopping in the nearby mall. I would definitely consider going back for business and pleasure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stood there July 19-22 and loved it, very very clean rooms are big, the breakfast was so delicious I could't wait til the next morning to eat again. I would def visit again. The staff are very nice as well. The only thing is that my room was on the 7th floor and the disco was on the 8th and I couldn't sleep, it felt like the music was in my room. But besides that my stay was GREAT.

Room Tip: If you plan to rest, DO NOT stay on the 7th floor, bcuz you will hear the music from the disco.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Casa Naemie
#20 of 79 in Santo Domingo
Hotel Villas Las Palmas al Mar
#21 of 36 in Las Terrenas

Been to BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels? Share your experiences!