“Best hotel ever”
Review of W&P Santo Domingo

W&P Santo Domingo
Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I love this hotel is wonderful I recommend to stay there love it wonderful staf , food and everything 2 thums up . I felt like this was a chic hotel that could be in Spain or Miami , and all of the coolest people were there, so it's great if your young or still want to be youthful. The beds and comfortable and I had cable and a refrigerator and I had Two beds , each was comfortable . This is a great choice for a hotel and everyone there is helpful and nice in other words , caridad .

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Vimaga
Mariam G, Guest Relations Manager at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear guest, we are grateful that you have written that comment from us, it made us enormously happy. We are pleased we have filled your expectations and we hope to see you soon with us on your next vacation.

Best Regards
BQ Santo Domingo

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very pleasant staff with a genuine desire to help. I stayed for business, but their attention made me forget often about my hectic schedule. The wifi is a plus (and free!!!) which made my life such more easier. Great location, close to everything . . . managed to get some shopping in the nearby mall. I would definitely consider going back for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stood there July 19-22 and loved it, very very clean rooms are big, the breakfast was so delicious I could't wait til the next morning to eat again. I would def visit again. The staff are very nice as well. The only thing is that my room was on the 7th floor and the disco was on the 8th and I couldn't sleep, it felt like the music was in my room. But besides that my stay was GREAT.

Room Tip: If you plan to rest, DO NOT stay on the 7th floor, bcuz you will hear the music from the disco.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KTV77
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent two weeks touring nearly ALL the Dominican Republic with our Dominican friends and official tour guides who are our neighbors in the United States. This hotel was very accommodating for what we wanted to do, which was use it as a base then take several excursions do different regions of the country. All told we spent 6 nights at the BQ, which has more of a European flair than the standard American fare. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, bringing an extra bed and towels for our family of 5. The room was very large, leaving plenty of room to relax, among large suitcases and extra beds. No matter where you stay in the Dominican Republic, bring ear plugs. The country is known for being loud both in voice and music.

Wireless internet is available with a code which you pick up at the front desk. They provide you with a ticket that has login information good for a week. At times it was hard to connect so if you need internet for business purposes, best to use the business center in the hotel rather than your room. We were on vacation, so it wasn't a priority, merely a nice tool for our kids to post photos of their adventures.

The stay comes with breakfast buffet that is very nice, well stocked with an attentive wait staff. Local fresh fruit, pineapple, bananas, mango, papaya, etc, selection of yogurt, cheese, deli meats, cereal, rolls, danishes along with some traditional Dominican fare worth trying if you've never eaten it before. There are scrambled eggs, french toast and you can order a Torta which is the equivalent of an omelette. Coffee is served black or "blanco" which means they put hot milk in it for you. For a small fee you can order a cappuccino Italian or Americano. The Americano is basically a latte with whipped cream and ground cinnamon. The Italian is a real cappuccino with foam. The outdoor patio is quite nice in the morning before the heat of the day sets in. Great place to settle in to the street life in a new culture. Eating is a relaxed experience, most people sit and stay for an hour or so visiting, or watching the activities on the street.

We didn't use the pool. Although it looked very nice, it was very small. We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant either. We did go to the patio for a late night beer/coffee after returning form a two-day trip. We were very tired and very much underdressed for the crowd. Best to wear nice pants or a dress when going to the restaurant after breakfast as the dress is more formal/upscale.

The staff were wonderful about storing our luggage for us while we took several two-day excursions to the west, south, east and north east during our stay in country. The hotel was very affordable although it is not near the view of the ocean, but on a very busy street. We weren't staying there for a view but more for a place to call home while we went on several small trips. It totally met our needs that way. It is not a chain hotel so some of the standard amenities Americans may expect may not be to their liking but having traveled world-wide, this was a great hotel for the price, location and what was offered.

Will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Might not want a room near floor 8 which has the pool and a Teen Dance night on Thursday nights. Ve...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The location is great . You are in the central of Santo Domingo. Free parking in the hotel. The staff is very friendly and attentive. They have a nice small pool to kool with the heat.I do recommend to change the breakfast buffet to offer a variety.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank morena30
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at this place on the recommendation of a client who lives in the area. It could not have gone worse, it's was like a bad joke.

The rooms are dated, unclean, and the internet is non functioning. The staff is horrible - when I pointed out that I needed Internet in my room, they simply laughed and said not possible. When I pointed out that the bed was unmade when I checked in, they told me that I had the option to go for a more expensive room, but otherwise that was it. When I told them that I was checking out because it was terrible (within 30 min of checking in), they charged my credit card.

I went to the Marriott, and was so happy that I did!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CabareterR
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you very much for your comment on trip advisor, they wiil help us to improve.
We are really sad that the Hotel did not apply to your expectatives .
We would like very much to contact you so you can explain with details all the inconveniences you had .
Best regards

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've stayed at the BQ three times a already and I'll do it over and over....this last time i wasn't planning on staying in a hotel, was just staying with family. the last night of our trip we decided to spend it at BQ. they gave us a rate, we compared it with online rates and theyhonored the lower rate from the website. they're nice bar area outdoor was what drive us to stay therethe last night of our trip. the best thing was when the restaurant manager remembers us and finds us a table while giving us a warm welcome back. the only thing i could say negative is that the elevators are tiny! and trust me if that's the only thing you can find wrong, its a five star for me!

• Stayed: May 2012