“Best French cuisine in town”
Review of Chez Laurent - CLOSED

Chez Laurent
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

It has been a long time, since I had such an extraordinary experience at a restaurant in Santo Domingo DR.
Only who appreciate excellent food, will enjoy this place.

1  Thank bigbang321

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This restaurant is outstanding! The food is superb, I tried the Cheese Souffle and the Filet Minou..WOW... Definitively NOT from micro-wave, as a French reviewer stated...he probably has never been there. Great ambience and atmosphere combined with a very personalizad service by its owner... I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

In my opinion, one of the best in Santo Domingo!

Great personal service from the Chef, excellent food with a nice cozy ambience.

Please don't tell your friends :)

2  Thank domrep2014
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This restaurant does not seem like a restaurant from the outside and that is what makes this jewel so great. It is catering to people that really appreciate excellent food, personalized service in a family atmosphere; and yet, it is such a romantic spot that is great to bring your special someone and enjoy a great meal, a great place with excellent house wine made by Laurent himself.

During my visit it was such a comfortable night, weather wise, that I decided to dine outside. It was a great choice, the setting is very cozzy and very romantic with light french music in the background.

The menu, there is something for everyone but I asked Fanny, the co-owner of the place, to suggest a dish for me. She suggested cazuelita de hongos Laurent to start with and the chef's signature dish Camarones Laurent (Shrimp a la Laurent). Each of these dishes were just superb and felt I was dining in one of the best restaurants in Paris. By the way, I have and Chez Laurent is at the top of my favorite french restaurants anywhere.

If you are in Santo Domingo don't miss this spot, I assure you that you'll comeback again and again, I know I am!

2  Thank San C
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I really love this place. Very personal and authentic frech cuisine. I totally recommend it. Lots and lots of different plates with goat cheese!

1  Thank Horacioread