“Great but not a Must Eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pura Tasca

Pura Tasca
Ranked #5 of 592 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pura Tasca is a cozy tavern serving the best selection of tapas, sangrias and other iberian specialties such as paellas and ham, in the Colonial Zone. Our inviting atmosphere yields for all kinds of occasions, from sports watching to business or formal dinning.
Coral Gables, Florida
“Great but not a Must Eat”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Tons of reviews gave me the impression that we had to eat here. It's very good and Carlos our waiter was excellent. But not a must eat place and not worth making a special effort to find. Near our hotel and convenient but would not go back.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Spencer A

“Good food for good price”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Nice restaurant! We are a young couple as ate a Angus Churrasco, delicious dish for around U$ 30.00.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Went to Pura tasca and tried the Eggplant Manchego rolls. What can I say? AWESOME.
Asked for the chef, congratulated him and then bowed. My fried let me taste the churrasco... like butter in your mouth.
Great place, great atmosphere. !!!!!!AWESOME FOOD!!!!!
You WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. .

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank He A
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“My newest social spot”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Being a dominican girl I'm always on the lookout for new places to hang out with my girlfriends and go on dates, but after I stumbled upon this cool corner I've stopped looking for other places! Its location is right on the Colonial City, which provides a relaxed, artistic and historic setting both during the afternoon and the night, while the service makes you feel at home. I really like the fact that all the staff is always smiling, especially the executive chef, Gabriel Occelli, whose friendly spirit makes you feel like you're among friends.

Needless to say, the food is delicious. I'm not a seafood eater, but I absolutely love the fact that their dishes are creative enough to spike your interest into trying their tasty menu, and once you try them you can't stop eating. However, their divine sangrias are the reason why I keep bringing my girlfriends over to spend a whole night chatting about life ^.^

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank sara_sena
New York City, New York
“Delicious food and great places”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant and delicious food , atmosphere, grab a table outside and relax.

Make sure you try the Chinola (passion fruit) sangria, Mama Tingo, and finish with Torture by chocolate. The best places of zona colonial santo domingo dominican republic

3 Thank angeline s