“Amazing”
Review of La Cassina

La Cassina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cassina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 668 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I went for a business lunch, from 1-4pm. To qualify my experiences, I am from CT, and use to work for the top consulting firm. Just trying to communicate that I've seen a lot.

The place is top quality. They are not fooling around with anything, from ingredients to preparation to service.

I did not pick up the check, but I
am sure it is priced accordingly.

For the locals it seems to be a who's who kind of place.

To qualify further, in CT there is no place that I know of this stature. I would compare with the better places in NYC, without the NYC pretentiousness. However, I know we were given some preferential treatment due to my client.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Service on this place was good. Reservation is recommended, we had to wait 30 minutes to sit.

Host said Thursday Friday they are crowded.

I had fish by the waiters recommendation, and it was great, wife had strip loin, and it sucked. It was in medallions with sweet sauce and no flavor on the meat.

Decor is great.

Personally I hate the sweet meat trend going on this days. I think way to pricey for the food. There are a lot better restaurants in the city.

1  Thank rowhad
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I went to this restaurant and I loved the food. It was not only good food, every dish was an experience. Service was also amazing!!! Bravo everyone!!!

1  Thank Katto698
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The design of the place is spectacular and the service is efficient,unobstrusive and polite. but in general the impression that you get when you leave this pretentious restaurant it's that something is missing.Perhaps could be the uncomfortable temperature setting of the place:very cold inside and very warm outside (even though they have installed these big fans).Could be that the menu was plainly boring and the chef didn't even bother to express something with his menu and the presentation,they could use some creativity and do more than serving burratas and fried calamari.The flavor is ok but it's a waste that such an upscale place didn't leave any memory in me after dinner was finished

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We always come back to La Cassina, the experience of fine dining and serving are exquisite here, the service is flawless, just the whole experience invites you to come back always. Sometimes on Saturdays there is live music, very bossa & chill style, really excellent and relax dining, I like a lot the patio for dining. The starters and to partager: Ceviche peruvian style, a Hit absolutely astonishing, " leche de tigre" in this ceviche is properly done; the Chef is a total professional. I also liked the Cassina Burger specially those fries that come as side ! I also liked the Lobster Risotto, and the seafood is great here. Also, the tenderloin, meat cuts are excellent. The Sangrias are great too and the experience of the Gin is also great, the Bartender mixologist prepares it in the Bar Cart. In Santo Domingo, a total must.