“A nice stay again”

Hodelpa Caribe Colonial
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is where we usually stay if we have to stay in Santo Domingo overnight. And again a very nice and friendly service, glass of champagne is served when you arrive, by the way it is very very good :)
We are not really breakfast people and usually don't eat much in the morning, but the selection at the buffet looked good. From cold cuts to eggs and sausages, yogurt, cereals and fruits. We just had coffee / tea and some buns.
The checkout was fast, the only "problem" was that our car was blocked at the hotel parking and had to wait for the personal to move other cars. But that was maybe 5 minutes. If we asked before heading for the morning coffee we wouldn't wait at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hodelpa Caribe Colonial is a decent hotel, located right in the heart of the colonial area in Santo Domingo.
You can walk to all the historical places in a few minutes, is perfect for those looking to visit the area, good restaurants are a few blocks away as well.
The hotel itself is decent, nice staff, decent breakfast, room are ok for a few nights, free internet.
I usually stay there for business and in some occations for a quick gateaway.
Price is affordable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank spmcruiser
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The staff is amazing and accomdatating. I had the managers name but I lost it :( Bed is SUPER comfortable, room is clean, breakfast was included and very delicious. Quiet as well and a great Carribean feel as well. YO REGRESO DEFINITIVAMENTE. MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times per year for the last 6 years. The entire staff is very professional and friendly. The location is perfect for the zona colonial. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant is freshly prepared and very delicious. I have stayed in other larger chains in Santo Domingo, but always come back to this property because of the incredible job that the staff dose. Thanks for a job well done to the entire staff!

Room Tip: Rooms located away from the elevator are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AtllSAm13
Reviewed July 7, 2013

First the hotel is charming, but noisy and in a down-town tourist area near many sight seeing opportunities - the reason I booked it. I have traveled many times by myself, and have never before had such a terrible experience. On the night of my check in, I was asked if I had a boyfriend, why not, and if I would like one for the week. When I declined with aghast, I thought the silliness was over. I was wrong. A Spanish speaking staff member kept talking to me and winking at me, though I repeatedly responded with I don't understand and an uncomfortable smile. On my third night there he showed up at my door asking for my number. When I refused, he apologized and left. The next night at 2240 my phone rang, and hung up upon answering. Moments later he was at my door to say good night. Needless to say I checked out shortly after, ending my stay early. Worst, though I emailed the management several days ago with my complaint, there has been no response, not even an apology.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jill L
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Santo Domingo hotels are not great but this one is definitely good. In the middle of zona colonial, but still plenty of quiet clean and comfortable rooms. For sure not five star but well worth the 130 usd per night.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was robbed. Granted it was only $20 but it was folded to a tiny, tiny size, hidden in the interior, hidden pocket, within the inner zipped pocket of a Scottevest. Not the outside pockets but the inner pockets. I think the staff pays attention to when hotel guests eat breakfast, knowing that they'll then have 20-30 uninterrupted minutes to riffle through belongings. This was not an opportunity theft with a bill left with others on a dresser, or an expensive camera or jewelry left out on a bed or dresser. This was a well-planned theft. When I checked-out, I noticed a hotel employeelooking through the belongings of the hotel guests across the hall from my room. I knew that the guests were also checking out and didn't think anything about it, except now that I know I was robbed, it's entirely possible this employee was looking for something to steal which those guests also wouldn't notice until they were on their way home.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any, unless you like being robbed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo