“very good, one of the best ice creams i have ever had”

Heladeria Valentino
Ranked #1 of 19 Dessert in Santo Domingo
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Artisan ice cream.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place has really good ice cream. I mean almost every flavor is delicious nad it makes it harder to make a choice while you salivate the taste through your eyes while waiting on line. The only downside that i would say is that its a little on the sweet side. I would recommend for them to add a little less sugar since people are also going into more healthier substitutes like lite yogurts and other of that sorts. But the signature flavors are delicious and i would definitely recommend. My favorites are Staggliatta, snickers and coco.

2  Thank anthonyp8484

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I tried Valentino in Santo Domingo after many positive references, but I really didn't like them. I actually had to go back a second time because I thought there was something wrong with the Gelato the first time, but no, still the same bland flavor.
Maybe I'm just used to the Gelato in Europe (Especially Amorino), but I think you definitely find better ice creams in Santo Domingo.

4  Thank AGGlobalTraveler
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I know my ice cream and this is the real deal! This is italian style ice cream at its best with Dominican flavors! The "stratiacella" is perfect, light, not too creamy with lots of shaved chocolate pieces. The place itself is beautiful and very clean (situated across the Blue Mall). There are tables and nice comfy couches to sit on and enjoy your treat. The service is outstanding...never had anything like it at an ice-cream shop! If you're visiting Santo Domingo and like ice cream, this is a must!

2  Thank vj627
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great choice for ice cream. Artesanal Italian style ice cream, that worth to try those calories....

Right besides 2 restaurant, Madison cafe (French) and La Esquina (Burgers)

4  Thank Licey7
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great ice cream but the coconut is by far the best! I love this place, my husband and I have chosen this place as our favorite sweet treat. He loves the Nutella and the Giandua but I can't break away from the coconut.

3  Thank Dondedios