Adam Suites
$89
$174
$159
  • Breakfast included
Weston Suites Hotel(Santo Domingo)
$90
$81
$120
$109
$215
JW Marriott
  • Pool
W&P Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
$84
Barcelo Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
$89
$125
$113
Hotel Conde de Penalba(Santo Domingo)(Great Value!)
$61
$59
  • Restaurant
Casa Naemie(Santo Domingo)
$55
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsother guestsgay scenecolonial zoneel condemerengue musicsights and soundsnight lifegeneral managernight managereasy walking distancehistoric siteshot watervisiting santo domingothe location is perfectgilbertbalconysecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2014

What a wonderful experience...the owner of Adam Suites Hotel, Mr. Gilbert Cabrera and his staff showed my friend and I. It is an experience that I will keep in my memory for a lifetime! Once we stepped off the plane and walk through the airport, a staff was waiting with a sign, Adam Suites Hotel. The driver was pleasant and quickly transported us to Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone with festive bachata and merengue music pulsating as he navigated the city. Driving in the Dominican Republic is very different from that of that in the USA, so hold on...baby! When we reached the hotel, Gilbert and his staff quickly greeted us. I was ready to check-in and pay the remaining balance, and he said, "We will handle that in the morning, get settled in." The owner was just returning from the beach. The staff brought our bags to our rooms and gave an overview of the facility. After I settled in Gilbert gave me a brief of what we access to in the surrounding neighborhood it's pros and cons.

The rooms were nice, not to American standards; however I was comfortable and safe, it was cozy! The rooms reflected a Dominican experience and was authentic, it was not posh-but comfortable. The hotel is very inviting. Safes are available at a low cost to store your valuables. Also there is always staff at the entrance, restricting entry. The guys who provided security, were so nice and professional, and kept you away from people that they know, might cause trouble. The main balcony was a great lively meeting place, where depending on the hotel guests, you can develop lasting friendships. The guests that were there with my friend and I, were so cool, and intriguing. They kept the party going the entire time. Honestly we really didn't have to go to the clubs, the club was at the hotel-that's real talk! The hotel location is perfect. Because it's off the very busy El Conde, it is really only lively during the club hours, otherwise it is very peaceful calle. Right on the street are little bodegas and mom and pop restaurants, that you can pick up snacks and meals. A 24 hour cafe is right down the street.

If you want to party, and have and authentic Dominican experience...man you have to come here! The party got started first at the hotel, with the diverse hotel guests who were of different ages ranges, ethnicities, and nationalities. We all then headed to the hotel bar, which the owner acts as the bartender. The music and the lights got the evening popping right. Two major clubs are just steps from the hotel. The handsome men/ beautiful women are right there as well.

The hotel sits parallel to El Conde, which is a street filled with restaurants, cafés, shops, barber shops, and tourist attractions. It amazing, it is like you are in a movie...things just are moving all over the place, and you can just feel the energy, see the beautiful Dominican people, hear the blaring Latin music, and smell the delicious island food. You see the rich, the middle class, and the poor weaving through the street living their lives with vigor...it was amazing to take it all in!

Gilbert hooked us up with a tour of the historic sites of the city. The tour guide was very knowledgable, and speaks 4 languages. He showed us things that I did not catch on my previous adventures, while in the DR. Make sure you have a lot of energy because you will need it for the tour!

Gilbert offered to take my friend and I to Boca Chica Beach the last full day. He introduced us to some authentic Dominican cuisine. Some other hotel guests later joined us, which made for a festive time. The beach was awe inspiring...the beauty of the sun, clear water, sand, and people, made me not want me to leave.

Well to sum it up, this hotel felt like a home and the price was great! The owner lives there as well one of his staff, so you know they take great pride in the hotel. The hospitality was top notch, if you need something, the staff will make sure you get it. I highly recommend the Adams Suites Hotel, because it's just not a place to lay your head it's an positive experience that I will hopefully always remember.

Thank you Gilbert and your staff for the lasting memory. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and I been to a lot!

Room Tip: I believe the rooms on the ground floor may be a little quieter, the rooms on the second floor is where the party is!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marcus A
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Marcus... with much joy I read your review and comments about our hotel, the staff, our services and about me. Thanks!

What I value the most of reviews like yours is that you took the time, after your vacation, to go online and write such a vivid, detailed and lengthy review so that future guests understand what we are all about. I am also pleased that you wrote “This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and I been to a lot!”

Once again, thanks, and come back soon and bring another friend with you! :-) Gilbert

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was in DR last weekend and stayed at Adam Suites. The hotel is safe, clean and very affordable. It is one block off 'El Conde', the main shopping avenue and a short 20-30 min drive to the beach 'Boca Chica'. I traveled alone and was so glad that I chose this hotel, the lounge area upstairs provides a perfect environment to meet new friends. The staff (Juan & Amaury) were great. I will definitely visit DR again and plan to make Adam Suites my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: the hotel does not serve food or drinks, but there is a GREAT cafeteria directly across the street to satisfy those needs
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank D_man250
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear guest from NYC... I would like to thank you for you high marks and the great review you did of our hotel. I am glad that we fulfill your expectations. Please come back soon and bring your friends alone! Thanks!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had an absolutely wonderful time while staying at this hotel. Honestly, at for the room rate it exceeded my expectations. If I travel back to the Dominican Republic, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Chad G
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear guest: Thanks for taking the time and write your review. I'm glad that you had an "absolutely wonderful time" and I am also glad that you feel that we exceeded your expectations. Please be back and bring some friends alone. Saludos from Santo Domingo!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I want to thank Gilbert and all the staff at the Adam Suites Hotel for their help, attention, and hard work to make my vacation memorable. Adam Suites is a unique experience; the hotel itself is in a historic building in the Colonial Zone and is within walking distance of many of the sights and wonders of Santo Domingo. Because of the hotel's size, guests get to know one another and form true bonds, giving each other travel tips and advice on navigating a different culture.

I have stayed at larger hotels, at more luxurious hotels, and more costly hotels; however, Adam Suites was certainly the warmest and the most fun setting of any vacation.

David G
Dallas, TX

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Davidrr89
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I would like to thanks David for taking the time to write this nice review and for sharing your great experiences while at the hotel with other future guests. We are happy to know that you had a "memorable vacation". As you said, we are a historic Art Deco building in the middle of the colonial zone and in a very safe area walking distance to the bars, shops, restaurants and so on which is also a big plus not to mention the friendship that guests develop while at the hotel. Once again, Thanks and come back soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Dominican Republic is a developing country... so if you are looking for a western hotel experience this might not be the hotel for you. However, if you want a genuine DR experience, then Adam Suites fits the bill. It is located within an easy walk of most of Santo Domingo's tourist attractions, pedestrian streets, and great restaurants. Note, this is a hotel primarily for gay men, across the street from the two largest gay clubs in the city, with all that comes with it (including solicitations from rent boys on the street when you are on the balcony). The staff were attentive, funny, and helpful. Airport pickup was comparably priced vs. taxis and saved the hassle. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Santo Domingo.

Room Tip: If you are not there to enjoy the nightlife until the wee hours, ask for a room away from the street. That said, the front rooms are fun if you are up late.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank garhuff
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear guests from Atlanta... Allow me to thank you guys for your nice review and your comments about us. I am glad that you wrote " if you want a genuine DR experience, then Adam Suites fits the bill" and yes, we do, not only because our location is the best, walking distance to the restaurants, bars and to the many tourist attractions that the city offers but because we really care for our customers and we treat them with respect and as friends. I'm also glad that you recommended our airport pickup services, the fare is like any other taxi fare, but safer and personalized for our guests.

Finally, I am glad that you guys are definitely coming back again. Thanks! Gilbert