“A NIGHTMARE STAY!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 66 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“A NIGHTMARE STAY!!!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

First day at checkin,owner tried to charge for a higher priced room,said he could not find my reservation,when in reality,he confirmed it 1 month ahead through the internet.,He said there were no more rooms of the price range I had a confirmation.After I insisted to give me the room I requested,he send me to the room in a very rude way,so I could tell he lied to me.I invited a friend of mine to visit me,he said he could not get in because he had no ID.My friend actually had ID ,he mistaken him for another guest's friend.Again,instead of apologizing for the mistake,he started sermoning me about bringing people with no id.I told him I am aware of that and he started screaming and call me names.To top it all,he turns off all lectricity at about 4 am until 6am.So,be prepared to sweat and good luck to find ur way to the bathroom and tripping

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank flyboy69805
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I would like to respond to this review by saying that comments made by this person from Puerto Rico are unjust, unfair and a full of made-up incidents.

It seems like this individual has the intention of damaging our reputation and excellent review history as well as my personal integrity too making false allegations. Not only have we prided ourselves for having great customer services but also for our dedicated personal attention to every guests which are all part of a niche market- one that we are part of it too.

I also find interesting that for this reviewer, everything that has to do with our hotel, was Terrible- from our location, sleep quality, to our rooms, cleanliness and services.

In contrast to this person opinion, I would like readers to also know that we were the recipient and winners of the “2013 Certificate of Excellence” given by tripadvisor.com and all due to our constants excellent and very good reviews received from real guests and loyal patrons. Please browse thru them too.

Finally, it is my hope that you visit us soon and experience our great boutique hotel, our services, the amazing location that we have- in the heart of the colonial zone- our hospitality and all that Santo Domingo has to offer. Thanks. See you soon!

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel exceeded all expectations. Our room was enough for what we needed, a place to crash and store our stuff while we took in all Santo Domingo had to offer. The best part of the hotel is the service and it's expert host and hospitality guru, Gilbert. He made us feel as though we were staying at our best friend's house, not a cookie-cutter establishment. Upon arrival he welcomed us with an El Presidente and gave us an orientation of the location. The next day he took us with his friend to Boca Chica. Seriously? Where can you stay where the owner of the accommodations takes you on a personal tour? Take notes Marriott! Get a clue Hilton!

In all seriousness, the nightlife is close and walk-able, but get plenty of rest, Los Dominicans get started late. So don't plan on the bar/club scene being busy before 10pm. El Conde is just 1 block and peppered with local flavors and shopping. Beautiful beaches are as far as the eye can see.

The staff was so kind and went the extra mile from the get go. We arrived from NYC at noon. Our second night there, a private party (with adult entertainment) was provided for a special guest's birthday and we were invited! It was fantastic!

Housekeeping went above and beyond to ensure our room was clean. We walked into the room and felt like we were on a cruise with the towels shaped like animals and adorned with local flora. Hello! Amazing! The rooms are modest, but the service is well worth the cultural immersion.

Definitely staying here the next time we're in Santo Domingo and recommending it to everyone reading!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank landoncole
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
What an amazing and nice review about our hotel! Thanks for taking the time to write about us and our facility and also for your kind words towards me and the staff. It provided much joy to read that is you left with such high impression about us. Please come back soon and pass the world around. Regards, Gilbert
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was my first time visiting Dom Rep from Jamaica and I have to say that Gilbert's Adams is a great place to start. Very centrally located to all the action and an exceptionally attentive staff that you could talk to about anything. Best if you know a little Spanish but not ultimately required. The balcony is a great perching spot to look out unto the night time action on the street and there is plenty. You can partake in full or be an observer as I managed to do both very comfortably. The bed is comfortable and the aircon works and believe me you will need it on many days especially if you stay out at the bars until 6am and need to get your beauty sleep in the day. From my welcome--the cab service from the airport and then being personally escorted to all the main clubs/bars on my first night by the staff and shown the lay of the land--to the hugs on my departure--I felt very warm and fuzzy and welcome. I left Santo Domingo to spend a few days up in Cabarete then came right back to Adams before I left for one more evening and warmth and frivolity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Irie J
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear guest from Jamaica.

I'm glad that you had enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thanks for such nice and kind words towards me and the staff. It is always nice to read reviews like yours because we do everything possible to make the guests stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. Come back soon and bring some friends alone. Thanks!
New York
Reviewed October 13, 2013

First let me say if you are looking for resort style living there are many other places in the DR that will give you that experience.

If you are looking for a clean convenient friendly honest and very safe place that will give you all that the colonial zone has to offer this is the place. I mean the hottest club in the area us right in front of the hotel. And all the bars are like a 2-3 minute walk.The staff here is first class, they know you by name, they actually wait up to make sure you make it back in your room safely. I have never stayed in a boutique hotel where every staff member from owner to front desk to housekeeping to security bends over backwards to keep you happy. Thats why I would give them 10 stars.

Here is why I will only stay in Adams Suites when in the DR. I was walking down the street and a guy asked to cut my hair, I said no but he was persistent, I finally went in and got a hair cut, pedi, mani body shave and my goetee darkened. When it was time to pay I realized I did not have enough on me. The guy sent one of his employees back to the hotel with me to collect the money. When I got there I realized I needed to go to the ATM. I asked the owner of Adams Suites where the ATM was he asked me why I told him he then dropped the bomb on me. I was being over charged by 1000% yes you read that correctly. Well long story short he quickly corrected the situation became very angry and threatened to call the police on the barber. The Ritz Carlton wouldnt have even done that!!! I am scheduled for a masaage this evening and cant wait. Everything has been more than I have expected and I looking forward to the masaage doing the same. THANK YOU ADAM SUITES HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank ledwar
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear guest... If you could only see my face while I was reading your review. I had a big happy face and was LOL all the way to the end. The barber story!!! jejej. As you said, that's the difference of staying at a boutique hotel, managed by the owner, that also happens to leave in the property- my case.

I can also tell you that my clientele can afford those big chain hotels but we get chosen because the reason you outlined- the services we provide, the staff, the security and the feeling that you are treated with respect as a friend.

Once gain, THANKS SO MUCH. Come back and bring your friends alone. We'll take care of the barber if needed again, they are now all afraid of me! LOL. I am like a pitbull when someone messes with my guests. :-) Thanks! Gilbert.
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are looking to be in the DR capital, old town whithin the colonial architecture and the important touristic places to visit, and also want to be close to the ambience, where clubs, parcs, bars, restaurants and funny places that show you perfectly how the Dominican night life and amusement is, Hotel Adam suites is the perfect location. Its owner and the guys staff are extremly kind and helpfull with directions and local indications to allow guests to have an even better time. Un lindo hotel colonial justo en la mejor zona de ambiente de Santo Domingo, la gente es amigabilísima y vale la pena ir. C'est absolument recomendé d'aller à cet hotel si vous chercher un endroit colonial au centre de la vieille ville et très proche de l'ambience, le propietaire et personnel vous feront sentir comme chez vous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sebs P
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear guest from Switzerland... Allow me to Thank you for such nice review of our hotel and our staff. I am glad that you wrote about your experience in the city. As you said, our location is unique... in the heart of the action and steps from the clubs and bars. Once again, thanks, and come back soon! Gilbert
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Adams Suites is a small boutique hotel in the heart of the colonial zone in Santo Domingo. The hotel is within walking distance to bars, clubs and major restaurants as well as the major historic sites in the zone. The staff is very friendly, and Gilbert the owner is an amazing host. In fact, the place did not feel like a hotel, but more of a home away from home. The service was great and it was nice to mingle with the local people and make new friends.This was my second time staying within two months and already I am thinking of my next trip to Santo Domingo and Adams Suites! For some one who hates stuffy hotel chains- this is the place to be especially if you crave a unique and fun experience.

SB.

Room Tip: During the power cuts the higher floor has less generator noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephen B
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Stephen...

I am so thankful to you and at the same time happy that you took the time to write this review because it offer readers an overview of what we are: Home away from home. Glad that you have stayed with us on two occasions already and planning your third! Once again, thanks!
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I first stayed at the Adam Suites Hotel at the recommnedation of a good friend and I have been extremely please with the quality of service at the Hotel. Gilbert, the owner, has been very helpful in numerous ways during my stays at the Hotel. The staff is also very accomodating and the place is kept clean and fresh. I appreciate the attention that they show guest and the good advise that they offer. I have stayed there several times and have already booked my next stay at the Hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sraines
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello Scott... On behalf of the staff and myself I would like to thank you for such nice review about our hotel and the services that we provide. We aim to be an even better place for the enjoyment of our guests and their visitor. See you back soon! Gilbert