“A pleasant hotel very well located!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adam Suites

Adam Suites
Ranked #3 of 67 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
“A pleasant hotel very well located!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are looking to be in the DR capital, old town whithin the colonial architecture and the important touristic places to visit, and also want to be close to the ambience, where clubs, parcs, bars, restaurants and funny places that show you perfectly how the Dominican night life and amusement is, Hotel Adam suites is the perfect location. Its owner and the guys staff are extremly kind and helpfull with directions and local indications to allow guests to have an even better time. Un lindo hotel colonial justo en la mejor zona de ambiente de Santo Domingo, la gente es amigabilísima y vale la pena ir. C'est absolument recomendé d'aller à cet hotel si vous chercher un endroit colonial au centre de la vieille ville et très proche de l'ambience, le propietaire et personnel vous feront sentir comme chez vous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sebs P
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear guest from Switzerland... Allow me to Thank you for such nice review of our hotel and our staff. I am glad that you wrote about your experience in the city. As you said, our location is unique... in the heart of the action and steps from the clubs and bars. Once again, thanks, and come back soon! Gilbert

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Adams Suites is a small boutique hotel in the heart of the colonial zone in Santo Domingo. The hotel is within walking distance to bars, clubs and major restaurants as well as the major historic sites in the zone. The staff is very friendly, and Gilbert the owner is an amazing host. In fact, the place did not feel like a hotel, but more of a home away from home. The service was great and it was nice to mingle with the local people and make new friends.This was my second time staying within two months and already I am thinking of my next trip to Santo Domingo and Adams Suites! For some one who hates stuffy hotel chains- this is the place to be especially if you crave a unique and fun experience.

SB.

Room Tip: During the power cuts the higher floor has less generator noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephen B
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Stephen...

I am so thankful to you and at the same time happy that you took the time to write this review because it offer readers an overview of what we are: Home away from home. Glad that you have stayed with us on two occasions already and planning your third! Once again, thanks!
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I first stayed at the Adam Suites Hotel at the recommnedation of a good friend and I have been extremely please with the quality of service at the Hotel. Gilbert, the owner, has been very helpful in numerous ways during my stays at the Hotel. The staff is also very accomodating and the place is kept clean and fresh. I appreciate the attention that they show guest and the good advise that they offer. I have stayed there several times and have already booked my next stay at the Hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sraines
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello Scott... On behalf of the staff and myself I would like to thank you for such nice review about our hotel and the services that we provide. We aim to be an even better place for the enjoyment of our guests and their visitor. See you back soon! Gilbert
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Adam Suites is located in the historic part of the capital, ideally situated for the holiday traveller. The hotel is surrounded by the city’s bustling nightlife, in a area which vibrates with so much energy that visitors can feel the heart of Santo Domingo beating.
The property is among a number of colonial buildings which line the street and has been splendidly restored: the interior is decorated in an interesting fashion. Guest rooms are renovated with a particularly distinctive style.
Gilbert and his team provide a generous welcome. All were most helpful throughout what remains a highly memorable stay.

Room Tip: Book early for a full choice of rooms at weekends.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Ian_LDN
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
With much pleasure I read your review about our hotel. I'm glad that you took the time back home in London to go online and write about your experience while at the hotel. Hope to see you back. THANKS on behalf of our staff :-)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My stay at Adams Suites was by far the best and most memorable stay in a hotel. I am even more grateful towards the fabulous treatment bestowed on me by Gilbert, the hotel owner and his dedicated staff, Amaury and Juan. Thanks to the 3 of you for making my trip to Santo Domingo a memorable one. Though, I have visited the Dominican Republic on 3 previous occasions, it was my first stay in the Capital, Santo Domingo. I loved everything about this city and the hotel, Adams Suites. From my initial reception at the hotel, to my farewell, the welcome and the hospitality of the staff were excellent! The design and decor of the hotel is simply fabulous and it gives you the feel of living in a big city for a fraction of the cost. I have absolutely no reservations about this hotel and it will always be my 'go-to' hotel for my trips to the Dominican Republic. I highly recommend it to anyone! Gilbert and his staff were very friendly and personal from the very moment that I arrived at the hotel. They were helpful with advice on getting around Santo Domingo as well as navigating the bursting city life. My room was meticulously cleaned, spacious and well maintained. I had a very comfortable bed with fluffy pillows and clean covers. The bathroom was also cleaned daily by Juan. The location of the hotel was my favorite as it was close to all the action in the Colonial zone in Santo Domingo. When I checked out of the hotel, the driver, Amaury, was right at the door waiting with open arms and I couldn’t have asked for a better driver. Overall, my stay at the Adams Suite was a fantastic experience and I can’t wait for my next trip to Santo Domingo. Once again, my special thanks and appreciation goes to Gilbert and his staff and I commend you all for a job well done. I can’t wait for my next trip to the Adams Suite Hotel in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Anthony,
Arlington, VA, USA

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Anthony A
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Anthony... With much pleasure I read your wonderful review. Your words towards the staff and myself are very much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed the trip because that is our goal- to make every guest stay a wonderful one. Please come back and bring your friends alone. Regards from the Juan and Amaury. Thanks again! Gilbert
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed at this place in manys different occasion, has a great attention from the people who work (Gilbert & Fausto) there, the location and areas are safe for explore any time day/nite. The hotel is Friendly gay but people who like to stay at friendly place should go there. For the food and cruise areas are not a problem the hotel is one block away from Calle EL Conde, where you will find all need for expend the days around the areas!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Juliosm
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello Julio,

Thanks for giving us such a nice review and it is my hope that you come back soon. Keep in touch!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Adams Suites is a great addition to Santo Domingo. Great location, great owner and staff, and at a very reasonable price. I really think that any gay traveller to Santo Domingo should plan on staying here. It isn't a Sheraton but it is clean, quaint, and friendly. Gilbert the owner has put a lot into sprucing up an older property and it shows. I will definitely stay at Adams Suites the next time I pass through Santo Domingo!

Room Tip: I had a room back from the street--very quiet. Excllent for sleeping after a long flight or a long n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank asdsrfr
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear guest from California- Thanks for taking the time to go online and write such a wonderful review about our hotel. You are right, we took a 1940's Art Deco building, similar to the ones in South Beach, and remodeled it over a one year period. The final result, is a magnificent well preserved historical building in the heart of the colonial zone. I'm also appreciate the fact that you acknowledged the dedication of our staff, our services and my efforts. Once again, thanks and come back soon! Gilbert.