“Firts time Blast”

Ranked #2 of 67 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Firts time Blast”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had a wonderful, pleasent, and realxing time. Everything is within walking distance and the beach is in close proximity. The staff was very friendly and TRUSTWORTHY!!!! Gilbert the owner tended to my every need personally and ensured great customer service. I will be booking again in the near future.

3 Thank Toma2122
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
On behalf of the staff and myself thank you for the nice review you that wrote about our hotel. We work very hard on a daily basis to maintain our great customer services and the staff is always eager to accommodate every guests needs. Hope to see you back soon! Thanks again. Gilbert

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Arranged airport pick-up through Adams Suites and its owner, Gilbert. The driver was there with a sign saying Adams Suites. Took my luggage and got us to the city where the hotel was located. This man can DRIVE!!!! I want him in Nascar Sprint Cup training. And his car has no dents. A huge deal if you've ever seen the majority of cars on the roads of Santo Domingo. My room was ready and Gilbert, the owner, was very helpful in giving me a tutorial on what to do and where to go. EVERYTHING this man told me was true. I asked where to get breakfast. "Up two blocks and make a right. Down a block and it's on the corner." It was there. I asked about safety. He assured me that I would be fine. I was skeptical, traveling alone and not a large man. Again he was correct. I walked around the streets nearby in the Colonial Zone from the morning or until 8 at night for dinner. No problems. Gilbert arranged a couple of tours for me. Both were just perfect. Everything that was promised, was delivered. When does that ever happen on a tour. Money exchange directly across the street with a nice, very competitive rate. Restaurant a few doors down from there, a great place for a last minute coke to take back to the room and they have great smelling food, popular with locals. I cannot comment on actual quality as I didn't eat there. Walking boulevard, 1 block over, called El Conde, with tons of shops, restaurants, clubs and places to purchase DR souvenirs was sooo convenient. I even shopped at the grocery store on El Conde. Great place to stock up on drinks and your favorite adult beverage. Inside the hotel was very clean, and unpretentious. A casual vibe that yes, you CAN believe in lives here. I was fortunate that I ran into AWESOME party pals while there. But that's the indefinable quality that makes or breaks a stay. Go with an open mind, and be quick with an introduction, smile and handshake and make friends from Baltimore to Miam to Curacao and beyond, if you're lucky. My room was very large. Nice bed, slightly firm for my skinny body-type, but I slept fine. My room was right on the street. It was noisy at night. Especially when the club across the street was open and letting out. Cabs honking and so forth. But if you are one of the partiers, you won't be affected. And frankly, as Gilbert said, "You don't come to Santo Domingo to sleep". Right, again. Plenty of hot water. Everthing worked. Air conditioning was great. Safe in my room was a peace of mind must for me. I think #5 may be the only one with a safe. I could be wrong. Fausto is as advertised. A sweet, kind person who will attempt to make sure you have what you need. In my case, a bag of ice at midnight. He delivered. Put it in a cooler and brought it into the upstairs gathering area near the balcony and we all had a few more hours of party at the Adams. Simply, terrific!!!! Carlos at the front door at night is such a nice man. Very quick with a smile, I felt completely secure knowing he was looking after the place late at night. It may be even more important to say that the people in the neighborhood seemed to respect all the staff that worked there. It took me a while to figure it out, but I was experiencing not just a hotel stay, but I was experiencing the heart and blood of a vibrant, colorful, even musical, at times, neighborhood. Convenient location is perfect for all your needs and wants. Gilbert's advice is first-rate. TRUST HIM. I did and had the trip of a lifetime. To Adams Suites and it's staff- I could have stayed at a fancier hotel that costs a lot more per night, but I would have missed out on a most personal and fun experience where I felt very much looked after and cared for. I left a little piece of my heart in Santo Domingo. And your hotel was the catalyst for fun and adventure for me. A MILLION THANKS, GENTLEMEN. "As God as my witness, I will return to the Adams Suites". I think that was the original line, wasn't it. ha ha Bring your party mindset and have a great time, my traveling friends.

5 Thank Spellingchamp76
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear guest from Virginia: What a wonderful review about our hotel, the staff and your overall experience at the hotel. I am so glad that I was able to guide and advise you as it was your first visit to the country and happy that you felt that my advices and comments were right on target.

Please come back soon and regards from the staff. We are looking forward to you back! Gilbert
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had a wonderful 4 days at the Adams Suites. From the moment I got there I felt at home. Gilbert was very thorough in his briefing upon arrival. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very warm. The cost was excellent. The driver was at the airport waiting as we walked out. And he was right there when we needed a ride to the malls, back to the airport and other places. I felt very secure especially at night with Carlos on the door. He was always there when we wanted to get in and he ensured our safety. Although Carlos is a big strong man, he was very warm and friendly made you just want to grab him and hold on to him. And speaking of grabbing and holding I cant say enough about Fausto. He has to be employee of the year. Fausto is everywhere doing everything. Whenever we needed something he was there to assist us. And he done it with a smile. I started to feel like we were bothering him but he made sure we knew that he was pleased to help us. He has some of the tightest hugs to be a small man. I really like the ambiance of the Adams Suites. I love that balcony where we spent most of time hanging out and playing with the boys down below. We didn't go to the clubs and bars much because we had good people staying at the hotel with us and had a party every night. It was amazing to see how we bonded with the other guests so fast. It was people from different backgrounds. By the second day you felt like you been knowing them for years. I guess the hotel gives you that feeling. I can go on and on about the pros. The only little con I had was the mosquitoes. Next time I know to bring some repellent. Also the construction noise early in the morning. Im sure that will be over soon. But if you had a nice night chances are you slept right through it like one of my traveling friends. Other than that everything was great and I will be staying again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Allen J
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest: Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. Your comments are very valuable for future guests that are planning to visit Santo Domingo and considering staying with us.

As you said in your review, our airport pick up services is first class! Our in house concierge services is top notch and Fausto is the employee of the year for the great services that he provide to my guests! :-) I also liked the fact that you enjoyed our already famous balcony and were able to be experience the great ambiance and comradely amongst the guest.

Hope to see you back and bring a friend with you! :-) Gilbert
Greenacres, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Here I am home from ten wonderful days in beautiful Santo Domingo. The land of beautiful Dominican men.I am very happy to say I stayed at the classy Adamsuiteshotel just blocks from the Conde.Before my trip I had read about this hotel and just want to report the truth about what I had found during my fabulous stay.In the pros and cons one of the cons were that there was no one to be found at night to let in anyone staying at the hotel who stay out to the wee hours of the morning. This is not true because I was out late every night some earlier then others and always found reliable Carlos the security guard present and seconds from the gate entrance to the hotel. I felt very secure knowing Carlos was on the job throughout the night.The second untruth was that there were loud constant noise from the three parrots in the hotel disturbing the guest all day and night long. Let me tell you honestly, the birds were two love birds and a small green parrot that hardly was even noticeable and I was only about 20 feet from them. Some people just like to complain and I am sure you know the kind. Maybe they should of booked a hotel in Alaska instead of the Carribean.The owner was there to greet me at the front door of the hotel and the fun began. You are treated like family and you feel loved the very second you arrive to when you leave.Gilbert breaks his neck going the last mile to see all is well. He suggest places to eat from expensive to moderate. He expalins where to go to get your money's worth. Will also be honest with you and explains where not to go at night because there a good sections and bad sections and he wants you to be safe. Just remember there are good and bad sections even where you live it is no different in DR. Gilbert also mentioned to me that I could rent a phone for about ten dollars a week to call home being that there are no phones in the rooms at adamsuites hotel. I put twenty five dollars worth of minutes on my phone card and returned the phone to gilbert before I left and still had minutes left on the card. I called friends and family back in the United states every day to tell them what a great time I was having.The best thing about the adamsuite hotel was the people who worked there. Number one was Fausto who made my room sparkle cleaning it everyday leaving me plenty of towels and one hell of a hug every day. He was such a warm person who should be given a raise if I may say so. Last but not least was A'mare who picked me up at the airport on time and helped me with whatever I needed during my stay in the Dominican Republic. I want to tell you Gilbert I will miss all our chats we had in the lobby of the hotel, you are the best. You should be so proud of the way you have fixed the hotel and mostly proud of your workers who are five star. I will be staying with all of you again and thats for sure. Bless you and thank you

Paul Gargano

Room Tip: Get the bigger room. It is only a few more dollars then the smaller one.
5 Thank paul g
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Paul... Allow me to thank you for such nice review about our hotel, the staff and myself. It was a pleasure having you as a guest for almost 2 weeks! We shared many nice moment and fun chats. You experienced first that we truly care about our guests, their safety and we do everything possible to make their stay the best ever like we did with you! :-) Once again... THANKS! Gilbert
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my first visit to the DR. Gilbert, Fausto and other staff made it a wonderful time. I had such a good time and enjoyed the evenings and early mornings on the balconies with other guests. The balcony provides a great perch for entertaining and people watching.
The location is great. Walking distance to everything.
Gilbert, thanks to you and all you do. Know that it is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to my return visit. Julian

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank JcW2Travel
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Julian... It is so wonderful to read your nice comments about us, he hotel and the staff. We definitively have the best team working at the hotel and it shows in our service to our guests. Please keep in touch and bring your friends alone. Pass the good news around to other people in your hometown. See u soon! :-) Gilbert
Hallandale Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Adams Suites oozes friendlinss and provides for all your needs at very reasonable prices. Fausto ensures that everything works--a real treasure; Gilbert, the owner, is extremely helpful. the hotel is centrally located, and most rooms are quiet--I love this hotel and look forward to staying there again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and quiet, but #5 faces the street and may be a bit noisy at times.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank 905maxmojo
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear guest. Allow me to thank you for such nice review and comments. I'll look forward to have you back accompanied by friends. See u soon.. Gilbert
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful rejuvenating week in Santo Domingo at Adam Suites. Gilbert and his fabulous staff, especially Fausto, made the transition to the Dominican ways of life as easy as possible and every request was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The hotel is immaculately clean and imaginatively furnished. It's an older building on a narrow busy street and the rooms on the ground floor are quieter than the bigger balcony rooms. The guests are well-traveled guys from all over the world and the scene is cosmopolitan and not for the naive. Security is 24/7 and air-tight. Gilbert's renovations are ongoing. A chic little shop (men's clothing) has opened and a rooftop garden/Jacuzzi set-up is well under way. There are even plans afoot for a restaurant on premesis, though the Dominican cafe across the street offers marvelous local dishes at ridiculously low prices ($3 for lunch). The hotel is small, about 12 rooms, and everybody gathers in the glorious evenings to share experiences and sometimes open a bottle of Dominican rum. Local guests are welcome and the conversation is usually bilingual. Those with a couple of years of high school Spanish under their belts should brush up before flying in to Santo Domingo, as the DR is very much a Spanish-speaking place. My next visit is already in the planning stages.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are quieter than those with balconies on the busy, narrow street. Santo Domin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank TeachermanDR
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear reviewer... Getting an A+ from a former teacher is a blessing for any business. :-) Thanks for your nice comments and excellent review of our staff, myself and the facility. As you noticed, we are a genuine 1930's Art Deco building in perfect conservation status from the floor tiles to the building façade and we're constantly working to keep it as impeccable as possible too. I am looking forward to you next trip and please bring your friends alone too. Very soon we'll open our very own restaurant on the premises, so room services will be another value for our customers. See YA!