“Small gem in santa domingo”
Review of Adam Suites

Adam Suites
Ranked #3 of 68 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Small gem in santa domingo”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Adams Suites oozes friendlinss and provides for all your needs at very reasonable prices. Fausto ensures that everything works--a real treasure; Gilbert, the owner, is extremely helpful. the hotel is centrally located, and most rooms are quiet--I love this hotel and look forward to staying there again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and quiet, but #5 faces the street and may be a bit noisy at times.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank 905maxmojo
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear guest. Allow me to thank you for such nice review and comments. I'll look forward to have you back accompanied by friends. See u soon.. Gilbert

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful rejuvenating week in Santo Domingo at Adam Suites. Gilbert and his fabulous staff, especially Fausto, made the transition to the Dominican ways of life as easy as possible and every request was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The hotel is immaculately clean and imaginatively furnished. It's an older building on a narrow busy street and the rooms on the ground floor are quieter than the bigger balcony rooms. The guests are well-traveled guys from all over the world and the scene is cosmopolitan and not for the naive. Security is 24/7 and air-tight. Gilbert's renovations are ongoing. A chic little shop (men's clothing) has opened and a rooftop garden/Jacuzzi set-up is well under way. There are even plans afoot for a restaurant on premesis, though the Dominican cafe across the street offers marvelous local dishes at ridiculously low prices ($3 for lunch). The hotel is small, about 12 rooms, and everybody gathers in the glorious evenings to share experiences and sometimes open a bottle of Dominican rum. Local guests are welcome and the conversation is usually bilingual. Those with a couple of years of high school Spanish under their belts should brush up before flying in to Santo Domingo, as the DR is very much a Spanish-speaking place. My next visit is already in the planning stages.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are quieter than those with balconies on the busy, narrow street. Santo Domin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank TeachermanDR
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear reviewer... Getting an A+ from a former teacher is a blessing for any business. :-) Thanks for your nice comments and excellent review of our staff, myself and the facility. As you noticed, we are a genuine 1930's Art Deco building in perfect conservation status from the floor tiles to the building façade and we're constantly working to keep it as impeccable as possible too. I am looking forward to you next trip and please bring your friends alone too. Very soon we'll open our very own restaurant on the premises, so room services will be another value for our customers. See YA!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Every time I come to Santo Domingo I stay at the Adam Suites hotel. There is nothing like it anywhere. It is just like going home. Fausto is amazing. He should be employee of the year. Anything you want, Fausto will get it for you. Cocktails, coffee,.etc. Gilbert (The Owner) is always very helpful. The fact that it is a gay hotel is a plus. You can relax in the company of other men from all over the world. I have had the most amazing conversations with other men from every corner of the globe. I won't stay anywhere else. Bravo Gilbert! Bravo!

Room Tip: Money exchange directly across the street from the hotel. Do Not! do it at the airport. You get a be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank marlowe s
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Marlowe! THANKS. After reading your review a big smile came out of me. It is sooo true... I got the best staff in the world and I 'm glad that my guests publicly recognize that and applaud our efforts. You are a loyal guest that we appreciate much. Once again... Thanks! See u soon.
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently spent a week at he Adam Suites Hotel. I had a great time. Gilbert (the owner) was there to orient me to the city and sites. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. Spent time laughing and drinking the other guests on the balcon. The hotel is centrally located to most of the bars and the major nightclub is just across the street! If your looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not it. rooms are nice but basic. You have the feel of a 4 star hotel but not the price. Guests were from everywhere - europe, south america, new york, san diego, altanta . Great mix. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the street side would be very noisy due to the club. Has one on the first floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank george r
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear guests... Thanks for such nice complements. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our balcony accompanied by other guests. As you said, we are like a 4 starts hotel without having to pay the price attached to it. :-) . We proud to say that we got a "soul" and the best gay ambiance in the entire city. As you know, we are also the only gay hotel in the country.

A new restaurant/ bar lounge is opening in March 2013 so, next time you come we'll be able to offer you and your guests a nicely gourmet dinners, lunch and breakfast:-)

See u back soon! Thanks!
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The best reference one can give to a hotel is the desire to return again and again. Adam Suites is that kind of place – a place where half of the guests are second, third and fourth time visitors. It is unique in so many ways: it’s great location in the heart of the colonial zone; very nice and inexpensive accommodations; convenience to plenty of places to eat, and only a couple of blocks from the Ocean. But the best and most unique part – which sets it aside and above and beyond all other options – is the intimate atmosphere of a small boutique hotel which provides a nice lounge, balcony, restaurant and roof top jacuzzi & terrace for guests to meet each other or entertain guests. Being a small hotel and with the owner on site, after a couple of visits, it feels more like family than a commercial operation. It is really a one-of-a-kind place, not only in the DR but in the Carribean. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Michael28804
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Michael... your review gave me goose bumps in the best possible way! :-) You are so right when you say that we are unique in so many ways and the best small hotel in the country: we're in the right location, the staff, the services, the ambiance, the security, the feeling of belonging, the guests themselves and me on site constantly. We are a family indeed. Glad that you highly recommend us and hope to see u back soon! THANKS!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently stayed 4 nights at the Beautiful Adam Suites hotel, and what a wonderful and relaxing experience it was! The hotel is a small intimate setting for gay men!! and I must saythe staff as well as the owner, welcomes you with open arms!! It is a place you must stay on your visit to the Beautiful Santo Domingo! I cant wait til my next visit. Gilbert is my Room ready!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jimmie K
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Jimmie....I'm very happy that you liked the hotel and glad that you are planning to come back soon... Your input was very important because you are a hotelier like me and a person that knows that is not easy to manage a biz like ours and that is even more difficult to please guests from different nationalities and backgrounds. Once gain, come back soon, bring your friends alone and THANKS!
New York
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Well, Well Well, where should I start? My mom once told me that I was born “pre-pissed” and it’s almost impossible to please me no matter how hard you try. Thank God I don’t write bad reviews on tripadvisors or half of the hotels around the world would have run out of business. Anyway, where was I? Oh, I was sitting in my office in Moscow, going through hotels in SD when I bumped in the Adam Suites. Pictures and reviews were pretty much self-explanatory, so I booked tkts, sent a request for reservation and was on my way in no time. Before my departure the owner called me and made sure that I was arriving as scheduled. I was picked up at the airport (fair $40 one way), greeted at hotel by Gilbert (the owner) and escorted to my room.

I had room 5 ($59 +tax): large room and bed, LOCATION !!!, AC, safe box, immaculate bathroom, tv, all clean and nice, small balcony, never had problems with the hot water, no thrills but who cares? I was ready to party and explore local culture.

The hotels employees were very nice and professional. Fausto, a general manager, deserves a special BRAVO. I have also followed Gilbert’s recommendation regarding tour guide, places to eat, places to go, beaches etc.

The hotel is going through some renovation, but honestly I haven’t heard any annoying noises neither in the mornings nor during the day.

All over I had a great experience and would recommend this hotel to gay travellers. The whole ambience of the hotel reminded me “Tales of the City” . I didn’t feel I was in hotel at all, I felt I was at my friend’s house or something.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Moscow101
Serguey! What can I say... Thanks for such creative and sincere review. I appreciate the sense of humor implicit in your review. It was a creative one, for sure. and it was done in your very own Russian style with an added NYC flavor to it. I'm glad that we were able to please a guest that "... was born “pre-pissed” and it’s almost impossible to please me no matter how hard you try" :- You made me LOL when I read this statement that you made on your review! :-)

Once again, Thanks. Come back soon!