Adam Suites
Courtyard
$199
JW Marriott
$79
Casas del XVI(Santo Domingo)
$244
$225
$119
$134
Hotels.com
Barcelo Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
$92
HotelsForEveryone
$139
$110
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsother guestsgay scenecolonial zoneel condemerengue musicsights and soundsnight lifegeneral managernight managereasy walking distancehistoric siteshot watervisiting santo domingothe location is perfectgilbertbalconysecurity
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have stayed at this quant hotel located in the heart of the Colonial zone.The owner Gilbert treats you with much dignity and hospitality. I have stay at this cozy hotel for more than 7 times.
I have suggested this hotel to many of my friends and they too have been satisfieed with their stay.One thing that stands out with this hotel is that you are not charged like other hotels on the for guest who visit you at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank sonny464
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stay at Adam Suites Feb 24-28 and had a lovely time. I met a nice couple from Holland and several guys from USA. Gilbert is the hotel manager he became my friend and he take great care of the guest. The hotel is close to Conde Colonial and Paco restraurant. Everyone who stay at the hotel for the carnival are booking in advance because the hotel sale out quick.
So I 'm booking my room in advance. The staff at the hotel was so nice and helpful I even gave them a tip for being great. I stay at sever hotel throughout the years but I wheter stay at the Adam Suites over the other hotel s in the Conde area. I am going to miss Adam Suites and the staffs.
Please dont listening to any bad review on here because this hotel is awesome the price is great.
Gilbert keep up the good work and Thanks for being nice to me and my friend John.

Room Tip: Nice and clean rooms..Had a fridge, safe in the room, american cable station.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank AtlantaNormando
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Adam Suites Hotel has been a truly wonderful experience. It's one that I will never forget. I came to Santo Domingo to study Spanish and needed an economical place to stay that would also make me feel comfortable as a gay man. I also wanted a place that would provide free wifi so I could keep in touch with friends and family back home in the states. Adam Suites has fulfilled my needs and then some.

The owner, Gilbert gave me a great price for my month long stay. He kept in communication for two months before I arrive assuring me that I would have a room for one month. Upon my arriva I was warmly greeted and felt right at home.

The most unique and wonderful part of my experience here is the balcony where the guests can relax and share their experiences with each other. I have had so many wonderful nights getting to know people from all over the World, as well as Dominicans.

My room is small but cozy. I feel very comfortable and sleep extremely well. Saturday nights were the exception as the hotel had a club night. As of this writing there is NO longer a club at the hotel, which will benefit those concerned about getting a good night's rest on Saturday. The owner plans to use the space for additional rooms and a restaurant/bar.

I do not understand the previous posters complaint of not being able to get out of the hotel. I have never had a problem in the over 3 weeks I've stayed here. There is 24 hour security and they are always present and eager to help. I appreciate the security system of requiring any visitor of a guest turning in their ID to security. There is no charge for a guest to have a visitor (even overnight!).

I noticed that many guests have been here before. I plan to do the same. Adam Suites assures me that I will always have a home when I visit Santo Domimgo

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Karl1973
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Here is my first review on TripAdvisor. The place is nice and clean and has potential. I stayed there and there is truth about getting in and out. Sometimes you have to go look for someone to let you out and there were a few times when i returned and there was no one to let me in and I had to wait. That is something that needs to be worked out. I booked one week and left after that week but stayed an additional two weeks. Did not leave because of any specific problems. Just found a place with a kitchen for around the same price. The club was nice but the three weeks I went there were never more than 20 people. And unless you are deaf there is no way you can sleep until the club closes and it is in the middle of the hotel. The music is that loud. I never saw any discrimination but did read on the monoga website about problems.The room was clean, air worked fine, and the location is good. I just found a place that was better for my needs. Also I do not know why the jacuzzi keeps being described as a pool. It is a large jacuzzi. It is nice but it is not a swimming pool.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SDQLover
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear reviewer....

Thanks for taking the time to review us. Your input is appreciated and welcomed.

Please allow me to make few points here in regards to your review.

1-) The club was and is closed since February. We are adding 3 more rooms on that valuable space that was used only on Saturday night. So, music should not be a concern if you decide to return and stay with us.

2-) Eventhou I do not know who you are because you did not provide your name - like most people do when they write reviews here- I want to thank you for giving us high marks in regards to our location, sleep quality, cleanliness and room quality. As you know, that is very important to us and I appreciate that.

3-) In regards of us not having a kitchen in the rooms...it is very well explained in our website that we are a boutique hotel and not an apart-hotel (hotels rooms with kitchen area). Most, if not all of our guests, prefer to eat outside and in the open that to cook in their room. You know... the smell of cooked food, the grease, etc and we are not design for that purpose.

3-) Finally, the beauty of having an owner managed hotel is that my guests have 100% access to me, all day and all night. There is not an issue(s) that I can not resolve immediately if I am aware of it. The problem at the door that you say you had I was not aware of it all. I wonder how it happened if the doorman sits at the front door all night. I personally have random night check ups to make sure they are ok. As you may know, my room is just few steeps from the main door where the doorman always is.

4-) The pool... yes, it is a pool because it hold legally up to 40 people. In the colonial zone we are the only small hotel with a pool because no other hotel have the space for it or a terrace capable of holding the weight of the water. We need special permit for that and it is considered a pool.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to write the review and thanks for the high marks you gave us on cleanliness, sleep quality, location and rooms.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

The best of all - very frendly athmosphere you will finde in this hotel
For a time you are there you will feel like in family of friends from all around the world
Hotel situated in historical center of the city very near to all the sites and sea cost
It is very safe and staff is very friendly
Hotel has private night club inside witch is open on Saturday, there also you can meet all kindes of people mostly young locals
Hotel has swimming pool and another bar in garden on the roof, believe me - perfect place for afterpaty on Sunday early morning.
So if you want to see and feel gay life in Santo-Domingo, Adam Suites - the best place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends