“Amazing Food--Wonderful Atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2012

As we were walking about the Zona Colonial, we stumbled upon this restaurant around lunch time and decided to give it a go. The menu was varied and impressive. The atmosphere was very like our own Little Italy in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Cute little bar area with a variety of drinks, and well appointed dining area that was not at all crowded in spite of the small space inside. The food was wonderful as was the service. I enjoyed a Spinach Ravioli with a meat sauce and my husband had gnocchi with a cream sauce. Both were delicious. I strongly recommend this restaurant should you be in the area!

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Wow what a pleseant surprise. I invited my wife for a late valentine day celebration based on TA report and TA was right.
We live in Santo Domingo and there are not many restaurants that we have not heard from and few worth to go that we have not been. I told the owner that he needs to advertice it.
The restaurant is more than anything a Trattoria. The ambience is that: A trattoria from Florence or Rome, not comunal tables but very simple.
A small wine but balance wine list.
And the food!!! Prepared by chef-owner Enrico is superb.
An eggplant parmegiana was simple, natural, very good.
The Ravioli with fish on a delicate lemon sauce wass that: Delicate, the best!!. The rissoto with mushrooms was very good and the ossobuco of lamb wass excellent.
This is a restaurant that I am recommending to friends. Worth to come back SOON !!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Pasatiempo is a homemade, friendly face in a foreign place kind of restaurant. It has a mom and pop feel to it, as though you were eating in Nonni's (grandma's) kitchen. The chef who doubles as the host along with the waitstaff are superb in their charm and food/wine recommendations. The food is beyond words. The first bite of pasta siciliana took my breath away. You cannot go away from Santo Domingo without splurging for one supper or one lunch. Try the homemade pastas and octopus appetizer. I highly recommend the penne pasatiempo or the pasta siciliana.

Pasatiempo es un restaurante de comida casera, con gente amable. Es como si estuviera comiendo en la cocina de Noni (abuela). El cocinero quien tambien es el anfitrion, mas los meseros son encantantes y ademas tienen muy buenas sugerencias de comida y vino. La comida es mas alla que palabras. La primera bocadilla de pasta siciliana me quito' la respiracion. No pueda salir de Santo Domingo sin haberse aprovechado de un almuerzo o una cena. Pruebe las pastas caseras y el antipasto de pulpo. Le sugiero el penne pasatiempo y la pasta siciliana.

2  Thank humfry
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Wonderful restaurant! We got there almost before lunch closing time, but we were invited by friendliest Enrico to get in and we couldn't resist to the very nice Italian atmosphere on that small restaurant. We were the only clients there and they kept the restaurant opened for us more than 1h after closing time. Enrico's attention and reception to us was wonderful and recommended the 'farfale con zucchini' which was wonderful. My wife got the 'fettuccine ai frutti di mare' which was also delicious!
One of our trip's great moments and fore sure the best meal we got there!

3  Thank MichelLerner
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Very nice restaurant in the heart of Santo Domingo, near the old city. The food is very good and the weaters is very professional and nice.
I hope that i will come back soon...

3  Thank Raffaele A