“good solid italian food”
Review of Vesuvio Malecon

Vesuvio Malecon
Ranked #62 of 605 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
San Jose, Costa Rica
“good solid italian food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

service was so-so and the terrace very noisy because of the traffic. I enjoyed a nice risotto with black ink and my colleague had a nice seafood dish prepared with tomotoes

Visited January 2013

New York, New York, United States
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

On our last night in Santo Domingo,we decided to go to this restaurant primarily because we could walk there from the Hilton.We were not disappointed.
We sat outside on their very pleasant patio.The waitstaff were all very polite and friendly.
I had the Capri salad(which was delicious)and my husband had the Antipasto platter.He liked it very much.Real Italian cold cuts,olives,etc.
He had a seafood pasta dish with a large assortment of shellfish on it.I had pasta with roasted eggplant and tomato sauce.Both very good.
Then apple pie with ice cream and cappuccinos.
We're used to NYC prices,so this was considerably less expensive,and a very fine dinner.

• Visited December 2012
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Used to be a classic !!!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Used to be the top 3 restaurant in town. Not any more... Only rest the memories, bad service, high prices, only tourist visit now...

Need to renovate concept and service.

1 Thank Licey7
Boston, Massachusetts
“Next! Not worth it...”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Vesuvio Malecon
Overall I wasn't too impressed with this place. The decoration inside and outside is very pretty and I did like that the tables had a good amount of space in between them. I went with a party of 7 and we were greeted at the door and decided to sit inside. The guests seemed like upper class folks, so I guess this is an "upscale" place. Service was just 'alright'. The waiter never refilled our drinks and didn't even ask us how our food was. My cousin ordered two different entrees and did not like either. In the restaurant's defense, she is very picky but they could have at least accomodated her by asking her what she likes or does not like. She ended up not eating either of the entrees and they didn't bother to care. I call that poor customer service! The waiter also handed us the menus and stood there, so we felt pressured to choose a dish.

I had stuffed spinach and cheese ravioli which was good but nothing that I couldn't make at home by myself and I am far from a chef. My husband had fish and fried plantains and he said the fish was really good. My aunt had to send  her meat back because it was undercooked. Oh yes and the portions! Well lets just say you will probably leave hungry.

The bill was over $150 for 7 people which is not too too bad I guess. However, I do not see myself returning to this restaurant. I've had better dining experiences at less fancier places like Adrian Tropical. I guess sometimes it's better to stick to what you know.

Kitchener, Canada
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Fine dining - excellent, friendly service - great food with excellent presentation.
Definitely will return again and again!

• Visited January 2012