On a short notice coming over to Santo Domingo I made a booking with the Crowne Plaza as my standard hotel was already sold out. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza - when it was still the Intercontinental - a couple of years ago and many things changed for the better. It looks like the hotel has undergone an extensive renovation after which the lobby area came out nicely as a first impression when you enter the hotel. Eventhough I just booked a standard room they immediately upgraded me to a suite on the 14th floor which spacewise basically consists out of two standard rooms. A little bar area adjoined with a spacious seating area made it attractive. The clean place, tastefully decorated and a balcony - at that hight for the daring only - made me really enjoy my stay. Service at reception is very friendly with a truly bilingual staff during my time of check-in. The hotel location directly at the Malecon leaves you with a great view from the majority of rooms, still centrally enough for business travel and just a hop away from the Colonial Zone, if you do the touristical tour. I will be back for sure ....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo puts you in reach of the New World's fascinating history and the city s modern culture and nightlife. You can walk to the Colonial Zone, the Cultural Centre and the business district, and the main shopping areas are also close by. A 35-minute drive will take you to the Caribbean s best beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Intercontinental