i went for a long weekend Thursday-Sunday in early October. Now Santo Domingo isnt a huge tourist attraction city so i kept drawing stares from people because im white, which is a little unnerving and there's definitely several streets to avoid if you walk around- especially at night.
Hotel lobby is very nice posh atmosphere and the front desk / check-in spoke English impressively well. The elevator needs your room key to activate which is a nice added security as does the rooms lights/AC
bedroom/bathroom very nice and comfortable though our window didnt open, nor did the internet work. had somebody come to my room with a dead laptop and ask to use my laptop charger while he fixed the problem which only complicated the matters
Dinner at the restuarant was complicated because the menu wasnt in english and the prices were pretty high. i would suggest going outside the hotel to eat but be wary the quality you will get even going into a mcd's or wendy's.
Casino - was very limited and dated. nobody spoke English and ended up going to the closest one down the street, much better and actually had tables games.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo puts you in reach of the New World's fascinating history and the city s modern culture and nightlife. You can walk to the Colonial Zone, the Cultural Centre and the business district, and the main shopping areas are also close by. A 35-minute drive will take you to the Caribbean s best beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Intercontinental