“Sign of good things to come” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lulu Tasting Bar
Ranked #10 of 587 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar, Mediterranean, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lulu is a tasting bar: We offer a menu of appetizers to taste daily with an approximate of 20 diverse options, our menu is dynamic and we bring you new delightful dishes to try every week. Our bar is an unforgettable experience, we offer a bar showcase with classic and modern cocktails and in our Enoteca next door where you can choose your favorite bottle and uncork it for a reasonable price.
Denver, Colorado
“Sign of good things to come”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at a hotel down the street. And seeing the other reviews, I decided to try Bellini. Bellini's owner, Franco, greeted me at the door. Yet it was to tell me that he is repurposing and rebranding the 13-year old restaurant. It is now called Lo La. And while he was not quite ready for a full menu tonight Franco served me the best beef carpaccio I have ever had. Prior to shaving the buttery blood-red filet razor thin, he stuffed with foie gras. How delightfully politically incorrect. And how delicious. Californians, eat your hearts out. Or should I say don't mind me while I clog the arteries in mine just a bit. It is an extra cardio workout for me tomorrow. But today, congrats to Franco and his new restaurant. I am coming back when the menu is ready for prime time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LobstaSlaya
Frecome, Owner at Lulu Tasting Bar, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Mr. LobstaSlaya,

Thank you very much sir. Eventhough we are not officially opened I noticed the night that you visited us as you were sitted in the Patio precisely in one of the tables in the hall tasting the Carpaccio and I noticed that you really enjoyed when Franco was speaking to you, I love to see that our customers feel so comfortable and good enjoying every moment they spend in our stablishment.

I would like to invite you to discuss about your experience in both of our restaurants, please contact us at info@patepalo.com

AC

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in modern setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Great choice of food, trendy place to hang out. Good wine selection and reasonably prices. Highly recommended!

New York City, New York
“Great place for a date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a gorgeous and romantic place for dinner. With a great patio and live music this big old colonial house makes you forget about everything while enjoying a glass of wine and a delicious meal. Its a bit pricey but definitely worthed.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maharani-ha
Miami, Florida
“Excellent restaurant choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

A great choice for a quiet and elegant dinner, particularly good for a business meeting. The restaurant offers an upscale but subtle elegance. The menu consists of international fare, with a focus on Italian dishes.

Visited November 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“Excellent restaurant appears to be closed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

This excellent restaurant now appears to be closed. We were in Santo Domingo on the 12th December and wanted to have dinner, but it looked very closed and shuttered and we could not make contact by telephone. Does anyone have any information.

Visited December 2012