Aparta Hotel Roma
JW Marriott
$79
$119
  • Pool
Casas del XVI(Santo Domingo)
$244
Barcelo.com
$161
$127
HotelsForEveryone
Barcelo Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
$92
$89
Barcelo.com
$139
$110
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull size refrigeratorel condecolonial centershort walkduartesofaatmlobby
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this hotel during December. Rooms are clean but the pillows are extremely uncomfortable and the rooms close to the street can be very noisy. At $45 this is a cheap option but you can normally find good options on hotel sites for about the same. Breakfast is not included and a big minus is that they only accept cash.

We found a great deal for another hotel on Expedia and moved after two nights.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank malteholm
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently enjoed a 4-night stay at the Roma II which is more updated than the Roma I down the street.

I had a single room at $45/night which is dirt cheap by US standards. The room was small, but had a flatscreen tv with cable and a nice-sized bathroom. The view of tenements was less than desirable, but for $45/night I'm not complaining.

Friends traveling with me had larger suites with kitchens and living areas for $65 & $75/night. Both were well worth the costs.

My biggest gripe with this hotel is that they have no computerized reservations and thus write in a big reservations book. They ask you to send an email to reserve a room and you never get a response. I say with all the money the owner is making, it's time to move the reservations process into the 21st century. Otherwise, it's a good basic hotel, that's centrally located and offers free cable and free wi-fi. (No pool, restaurant, no phones in the rooms or other features).

Room Tip: Call the hotel to confirm your reservation and room size at least a month in advance to avoid confusion upon arrival.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank strongforu
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was a very pleasant surprise in the middle of the Colonial Zone. Large spacious rooms, very nice staff who spoke english, and had no problems with the wi-fi. The location is prime for someone who is interested in exploring the colonial zone and beyond. Fantastic location!! No breakfast, pool, fitness center...just the room for the rate, which was a bit more then I would typically spend, but the location was worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank karaleeb
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Hotel is not bad at all, but need lots of improvement. I stayed there for few nights in Oct2012, not because I wanted, but just because a friend of mine paid already for me...I travelled without reservation and he was very kind to do it for me. If I did not stay they would charge him and etc...First, I did not recognize anybody there, all old staff were fired, so the hotels has new employees. The owner is always at the hotel and is not friendly at all...He does not respect the employees at all too( mostly Haitians)...I have no complaitis about the new staff. The housekeeping supervisor, she is nice and friendly, the guys at the front desk as well ( Lwima, Francisco and 2 other one which i forgot the names)...They still not given extra towels, and they now knock early the rooms doors to ask for dirty towels or linen (in case need to change)...and they only return when they wash/dry it...UFFF what a nightmare, one pay and have to follow their schedules to shower and etc. My room was not clean at all, to the point I had to buy chemicals and clean it...The bathroom when I checked in was dirty, and the night table and bed frame had some visible spots of lube, the floor was dirty and the toilet bowl had some huge yellow spots all over...I find some articles under the bed as well...Anyways this was not a big deal for me, as I always clean my room ( I don't trust housekeeping work at all)...On my check out I saw one guest calling the police , because was robbed inside the premises, all because there is only one security employee and he was off when that happened. The remote control they provide the battery are dead...They open a patio in the second floor which is very nice and cozy...Oh I saw big improvements regarding to travellers reservations, is not like before, and they are charging 200 pesos/hour for late check out (which is not bad as well)...Overall , for what I saw this time the owner is spending more time at the hotel and I saw that they really are taking care of guests complaints and fixing it right away. NOT BAD EXPERIENCE AND GOOD LOCATION. I do not recommend family oriented travellers to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank uncleddie
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed there for the first time because a friend told me about it , that it a nice and clean place to stay , i made reservation 4 times to be sure that i was confirm i never got a confirmation saying that am confirm to stay at the hotel i had to make so much calls and send a friend to made my confirmation for me . not such of a thing the floor was never swept nor mop i found that out when every day i find it strange why was the bottom of my feet always dirty.
second my room had these roaches constantly , the bathroom shower door made so much noise when your closing the door , the owner of the hotel not friendly at all he will pass you and never say hi or good morning to you if he do he eats' his hi and good morning cause you bearly hears him .
one good comment of that place is there is a haitian guy working there he cleans the room very nice guy and his personality is very great and he makes you feels very comfortable in the place . but above all that i would never recommend no one to stay at that hotel at all .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo