Holiday Inn Santo Domingo
$94
Boutique Hotel Palacio(Santo Domingo)
$74
$174
$159
  • Breakfast included
$99
$84
Antiguo Hotel Europa(Santo Domingo)
$69
$74
Hotel Aladino(Santo Domingo)
$66
$64
All reviewsfront deskagora mallbusiness tripexcellent servicerooftop poolexcellent hotelbusiness districtpleasant stayrooms are cleanblue malltaxi servicehotel is locateddominican republicbreakfast buffetcolonial zonedairacandido
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Great hotel accommodations. Very clean and modern. Very close proximity to shopping, including Blue Mall.
Beautiful rooms offer great window view (large floor to ceiling) of area .

Room Tip: Offers great alternative to malecon hotels or zona colonial/newer hotel and priced well. Can take taxi to zona colonial as hotel will call taxi for you and take care of arrangements or anywhere else in the city you have to go. Free on site parking but only disadvantage is no elevator/escalator from parking to main floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jltflrs
ManagerGS, General Manager Assistant at Holiday Inn Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and We appreciated your visit from Wilmington, North Carolina. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service.

It’s something our Staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback and thank you for reaffirming our commitment to "Great Hotels Guests Love".

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed here on a personal visit in late 2010. The whole place is pretty modern. Service was ok, if a little slow (same as most places in DR) and the rooms were like you'd expect in any 4star hotel in Europe. Breakfasts were good too. A good hotel but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed September 28, 2011

When I looked at this hotel online I was like WOW!!!! Really? This is a Holiday Inn. Then I arrived and was like Double WOW!!!! This is even better than I expected. Very friendly, professional and informative staff and management. The ambience, cleanliness and service was unmatched. I also stayed in room 404. I did notice a musky, mildew smell on the first day and also experciened problems with the air condition (changing just 1 degree) even made you freeze or melt but in the big scheme of things I quickly got over that and the mildew smell went away after the first day. Or maybe I just got use to it. At any expense I loved thelook of room, the complimentary internet and the bathroom and shower were nice.

Now for my but.......the acoustics in this hotel are absolutely horrible...You can clearly hear the conversations of people in adjacent rooms and in the hallways, if someone knocks on the door across from you or beside you it sounds like they are knocking on your door. Also, you can hear people having sex above and beside you as if they were in the same room as you were. Well, that may have been my fault...Sorry neighbor! But truthfully the walls are paper thin!!!

My final gripe is ...You know the little "Do Not Disturb Sign" the hotel gives you to put on your door well apparently that doesn't mean anything!!!!! I put that sign on my door everyday and yet and still like clock work at 8:00 everyday the Housekeeping Staff bangs on your door like the police until you answer and tell them to go away!!! The sign is basically a waste of money or for decoration purposes only because the Housekeeping Staff totally ignores it!!

As much as I love the look, the feel. the price and the customer service of this hotel I probably wouldn't stay here again because of the acoustics and being disturbed everyday by housekeeping despite the Do Not Disturb Sound...I want to give the hotel a 4 but I can't because inspite of all of it's positives the negatives are to overwheming to ignore!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmericanBodyguard
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I found this hotel to be very clean, staff are very helpful and friendly. Further to this, breakfast is great as lots of food choices, however, a little pricey.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Good hotel, good service, but could be better. Service in restaurant is slow, also in the roof bar?

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business