“Ambar Museo” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Santo Domingo Shopping Tour with Visits to Amber Museum and Tobacco Factory
Ranked #30 of 194 things to do in Santo Domingo
More attraction details
Owner description: In this Museum you will find the historical and scientific data on the time of the creation of amber, the animals and vegetation of that era that were fossilized in the amber, and everything concerning the formation and the characteristics of this gem.All the pieces on display in the cabinets, on the panels, in the large wide-field microscopes, dioramas, audio-visual and interactive technology have the purpose to transport you back to the origin of amber.You can also find fine pieces of jewellry to take back home in the jewelry shop we have mounted as a request of many visitors.
Bronx
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Ambar Museo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

When I traveling I love to educate myself while having fun. Before I leave New York I did some research about Puerto plata and the attraction that were located in the surronding. I was please with the visit to the Ambar Museo. It's a few minutes away from del centro you can go by walking from del centro or just take the motor bike. to vise the museo the fee is 50 pesos so I believe it's less then $4. It's not long it's a vrey small musuem and trust me you will love it.
PS: I took a lot pictures from the musuem to show to my friend they loved it.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Soraya Angie C

NYC
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“You get a private tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've always been intrigued by amber and the displays tell you what you would want to know. Who knew that having insects caught in the amber made the piece more expensive!

Visited January 2013