“Outstanding as always”

Pat'e Palo European Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 660 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The First Tavern of the Americas, est.1505 Exquisite Cuisine, Casual Ambiance
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I lead a group who does missionary work several hours outside of Santo Domingo. On our last two days, we return to Santo Domingo for a nice meal and shopping. After eating at Pat'e Palo myself on a friend's recommendation, I began taking my groups there. All I ever hear are RAVE reviews. The food is excellent, the ambiance is beautiful, and the service is fantastic. It is a busy place but we never feel rushed. We always eat outside because it is in such a beautiful area. The staff are attentive and there are a lot of them so someone is always available to help you. The menu changes frequently so I never get bored! :)

CapitanPatePalo, Public Relations Manager at Pat'e Palo European Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear KatyBell,

I will extend your kind words to the rest of Team Pat'e Palo, we are very glad to know that you enjoy each of your visits to our ship.

Our Chef Saverio is currently on his annual trip where he enriches his knowledge about new cooking techniques, new spices and combination of flavors to bring delicious dishes into our guests tables, therefore on your next visit we hope you enjoy these delightful creations and share your experience with us.

Have a great day,

tania@patepalo.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,787)

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Love going to Pat e Palo! We are always served with friendly staff, great food and it's in a great location!

Dear Mary Lillian S,

Our deepest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts about our restaurant.

These comments motivate us to work harder everyday and provide all of our guests with an unforgettable experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have being a customer at Pat'e Palo for several years. Everything is 5 stars, staff, menu choice, food quality and presentation, ambiance and LOCATION. Can't beat that! NOW, what make this place a TOP in the country is the following: I am a foreigner living in this country for over 28 years and I know everything about the Dominican Republic. Last week I brought friends at Pat'e Palo and I suffered an incident. I ordered a salad and there was some nuts in it. Unfortunately, chewing my salad, a nut broke one of my tooth. I immediately reported it to the waiter and further the waiter shows up with the manager. The manager was so sorry for me and apologize many times and offer me the company's support to resolve that problem of mine. Sure enough, the next day I went to the dentis to get the bad news of what I had to go through. Treatment started and dentist present me the invoice whici I reported it to Pat'e Palo. Within less then 3 days, the Brasserie deposited the full amount into my banking account and the case is close. I can't see any other place in this country which would have acted so quickly in a so professional manner.

Bottom line, you can go and enjoy everything they have on their menu. Their price is just right and justified. Staff is extremely responsive and efficient. Ambiance simply perfect. Thank you Pat'e Palo for offering your customers such a unique place. Many blessings to all of you

CapitanPatePalo, Public Relations Manager at Pat'e Palo European Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear DirectionJazmin,

We would like to extend our gratitude on behalf of Team Pat'e Palo. We are very pleased to know that we were able to assist you properly and that your health is much more better.

We love what we do which is why we work so hard everyday to be able to provide to each of our visitors with an unforgettable experience.

We would love to have your visit again soon,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

First time in santo domingo and was looking for a great place to eat and thanks to my fellow reviewer on trip advisor I found it. This place has great food and was very tasteful and the staff was nice. I went during the week so it was pretty empty around 4pm but around 8pm area comes alive.

Dear Eric S,

It was a pleasure for us to have your visit. Everyday we work very hard to provide all of our guests with a unique gastronomic experience from food, cocktails to service.

Indeed the Plaza España has a magical touch during the night, along with the beautiful surrounding it just makes of the time there something special.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've lived in Santo Domingo since Feb. 2014 and go to Pat E' Palo every few weeks - the food is always excellent. This review is mainly based on my Easter Day lunch (April 20, 2014) which featured a menu of 10 separate courses (essentially an all-u-can-eat) of which I was able to sample 8 of the dishes (see my pics). The young and innovative Chef came out several times to check on his customers. The tuna carpaccio is my go-to dish - and the ceviche is excellent. I've never had any of their red meat, but they look great when others order. Salads look excellent also. Each begins with brea. The only issue is with the surly service at times - especially among the male wait staff. It's happened more than once, otherwise I wouldn't mention it here, but some male servers definitely would rather be someplace else and did not make me feel welcome (not even a 'thanks, please come back' at the end). I speak fluent Spanish, so language wasn't the issue. The place has indoor and outdoor seating (ask for shade umbrella if outside) and views of Plaza Espana - fast WiFI also. Good wine list, but very pricey as expected. Highly recommended for a romantic or solo foodie lunch or dinner and if budget is not a concern.

Dear voyageur927,

On behalf of Team Pat'e Palo i would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you've had with the service, this should never happen to your nor to any other guest. We will discuss this situation in our Weekly Managers meeting and prevent it from happening again.

On the other hand we would like to thank you for sharing this experience with us and for the support on each of your visits. Saverio loves what he does and is always creating delightful dishes for the joy of our visitors.

We hope you try something new in your next visit.

Best regards,