“Great location, excellent food”

Pat'e Palo European Brasserie
Ranked #7 of 684 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The First Tavern of the Americas, est.1505 Exquisite Cuisine, Casual Ambiance
Reviewed September 29, 2013

One of the best and nicest restaurants in Santo Domingo. The location, bordering Plaza de España, across from the Alcázar de Colón, makes for a great setting to enjoy Chef Saverio Stassi's outstanding culinary creations. Make sure you try the Sartén Don Quijote, the Nikkei Tiraditos, and the Pulpo a la Brasa.

CapitanPatePalo, Public Relations Manager at Pat'e Palo European Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear JoseMiguel64,

Warm greetings on behalf of Team Pat'e Palo, we truly appreciate your review. We are certainly privileged to be located in such an iconic area of the city at the oldest tavern of the americas est. 1505.

Saverio is constantly innovating in the kitchen and soon we will have new dishes to enjoy, we are looking forward for your next visit.

Kind Regards,

tania(at)patepalo.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,922)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The reviews on this restaurant in Trip Advisor are spot on. The meals we had were very good starting with the red ceviche and onion soup, followed by the charisco steak and octopus. The atmosphere was really old colonial Santo Domingo. Highly recommended.

CapitanPatePalo, Public Relations Manager at Pat'e Palo European Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hello Dealmaker,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed our food and atmosphere, we work very hard to keep the right balance to please our visitors.

We hope to see you soon as our Chef Saverio is currently working on new recipes.

Have a great day,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I live in the DR and I remember when this restaurant opened.....I've been a regular customer since then, and every time I take friends and relatives they fell in love with the ambiance and the food. Chef Saveiro is very friendly, committed to his work and always taking care of us: the customers.
I hope they keep this excellent service for many more years.....

CapitanPatePalo, Public Relations Manager at Pat'e Palo European Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear DominicanaSD,

We truly appreciate your review, we love what we do and one of the main reasons is because we get to provide you (our guests) with the perfect combination between ambience, food and a place were you can enjoy either with friends or family.

We work hard every day to keep providing you with quality service and to improve any flaws that we could have.

Hope to have your visit to our ship soon, thank you for the support.

Have a great day,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I went there with the business colleagues who live in DR and it was fantastic. Everything we had was amazing. I had the flank steak with potatoes and it was easily the best meal I had in the DR. Steak was tender, juicy and flavorful, and the potatoes were incredible. My wife had shrimp thai curry and it was also really good. Prices were slightly expensive, but totally worth it. The plates are also on the smaller side so I would recommend an appetizer or dessert. I really don't know how this isn't the #1 ranked place in Santo Domingo. Make sure and go if you have a chance.

1  Thank Jon S
CapitanPatePalo, Public Relations Manager at Pat'e Palo European Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Jon S,

Warm greetings from the Pat'e Palo Team, we truly appreciate your review as this motivates us to keep providing our guests with the best experience.

Looking forward to having you both in our restaurant soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went to this restaurant because it was in my travel guide book with a good comment.
I was very happy to find it was located in a beautiful place :
just in front of the Spain square (plaza de España)
So you can have dinner outside just in front of the Colon Alcazar (Colon house).
At night it was very romantic with small lights on the table.
It was friday night and a live music band was playing in the square.
Regarding the meal, it was very good. I ordered shrimps with coconut milk. Very tasty. Quantity sufficient. I had a cocktail first and after the meal I have tasted the traditional mamajuana (I have not felt its effect later). It is supposed to be aphrodisiac.
The service was nice. The prices were ok for the place and the food quality.
So we had a very pleasant dinner. I defintely recommend this restaurant. And at night the atmosphere is better.

Dear Philippe P,

Thank you for your review, its a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed the time spent in our restaurant.

Certainly the atmosphere of the whole Plaza during the night its catchy and lovely.

We hope to have you again enjoying new dishes as our Chef Saverio is constantly innovating in the kitchen.

Best regards,