“Excellent venue for conference”

El Embajador, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My company organized a big business meeting at the Hotel Occidental Embajador. We had over 100 delegates from different countries in the Caribbean. The conference services were excellent. The food was delicious and the staff very friendly and efficient. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of very good restaurants. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay a very pleasant one.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I must say that the treatment me and my family received in El Embajador was one of the bests I´ve ever had. We were leaving the country after living in DR for more than 5 years and selected this hotel as our base while we were doing all the packing and move of our goods. It was a pleassure to arrive to this wonderful hotel for a relaxing time and a 10/10 service level.
We were in 6th floor, suite 615 and room 616 two connetcting rooms with 3 bathrooms in total (perfect for a family of 5 like mine). People at the front desk and the 5th floor (executive floor reception) were outstanding, with a very professional but at the same time warm approach.
My recomendation for everyone visiting this city full of contranst.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We last stayed here in July 2012 and quite frankly, I was not ready to come back again. However, this hotel is in a very convenient location for us, so we decided to try again. I have got to say that it has vastly improved. We reserved the executive floor room, which is well worth it. They have a good selection of breakfast items and the wait staff (except for one) has vastly improved their service. At breakfast, they will serve you iced water (safe to drink) without charge. However, be aware, that unlike most executive floors, you have to pay for bottled water ($1.00 per bottle). Not sure how much the beer and other beverages were, as we only bought the water. Our room this time was impeccable. The first room they gave us was loud as they were having a wedding party, but they were very helpful, and transferred us to an impeccable room, we even had a welcome tray of fruit and water & 2 chairs on the porch (yay!). The room was quiet and lovely. No problems with the bed either! They have finally gotten it that most travelers like wash towels and are supplying these (at least in the room we got). We got full amenities in our bathroom which had a tub/shower plus a walk in shower. We ate at Las Porchas and this time got very good service, which was also a vast improvement from last year. You must try the chicharrones de pollo with tostones, oh, so good here! Careful if you order a club sandwich, as they sometimes confuse it with a kind of ham and cheese sandwich vs. a true club, you need to specify. Also, if you want to eat by the pool you will have to move to a table by the pool bar, which is an understandable policy for cleanliness, etc. but don't expect to eat right at your pool lounge chair. Thanks to the management for improving the rooms and service.
Also, thank you to Christopher Hamra, Food and Beverage Manager, for the lovely fruit tray when we switched rooms. We will stay here again next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels during my visits to Sto.Dgo. but the quality and courtesy of the service at El Embajador, particularly at its 7th Floor was outstanding and on a league of its own. Very professional and maybe the best quality/price ratio that anybody could find in a five star hotel. Congratulations, I will certainly return.

1  Thank Ivan O
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I´ve got the best treatment ever from the staff of the 5th floor (Club El Embajador), I recomend this Hotel for the new renovated rooms and for the please of professional staff - including at the 8th floor. Very nice located in the center of Santo Domingo, good for stay when going for business meeting.
Congratulations to everyone at the Occidental El Embajador en Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

Room Tip: There are renovated standards rooms: Are the best.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Someone recommended me this hotel and I change my decision of which i have previously chosen only to try this hotel.

for my surprise I found a hotel of excellent quality and first class service where cleanliness and attention service are felt.

I stay at the Royal Club they have such an oustanding quality and excellent service.
The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful thank you all, especially to Ms. Maria Isabel and their receptionists.

Hope to see you soon! again..

Michael Aspen, (Atlanta)USA

Room Tip: "Rooms on the Royal Club have a great ocen view" Pool and beutifull backyard as well.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed in the Business Floor and got the best treatment ever from the staff and the Manager of the floor, I recomend this nice Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business