“Lovely intimate dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We went here for dinner based on the TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed!
When we went the local authorities were digging up the road in front of the restaurant and it was really quiet - yet in no way did that affect our meal.
The restaurant is set in a lovely plaza set back from the road (so no noise impact from the roadworks at all!). Service was immaculately attentive without being in any way over bearing. The food was delicious and the setting can't really be beaten for a nice meal. Although in a more expensive price bracket of restaurant, this meal was worth the cost, and for 2 people with a lovely bottle of wine was 4000 pesos, and well worth it!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went, last Saturday, to La Briciola since it was recommended by some Americans and I always choose a special restaurant the beginning of the month to savor and review. WHAT A MISTAKE! Sure the surroundings are nice and the courtyard well lit, but I was not impressed with the Caesar Salad or the skimpy spinach/cheese raviolis. When the ravioli was presented, I felt myself strangely too full to eat it, even though it was very thin in spinach and cheese. I did not know at that time that I was about to experience the worst 48 hours of my life (and I went through natural childbirth and the shingles). I don´t even recognize my copy of my ticket and did not even notice they had charged me (I WAS ALONE) $90 for the salad that made me wish I had a gun to blow my head off. By the time I walked the three short blocks back to my hotel, I was violently sick. I have never had stomach cramps last 15 minutes at a time. In three hours time, I was vomiting (of course the salad) and the worst case of diarrhea I had ever experienced. I want yáll to know I was THAT sick for over 48 hours!!!!! I did go back on Saturday afternoon (mistakenly thinking it was over) and told to come back later, which I did AFTER again spending 30 minutes in the bathroom. I was told it was closed on Sunday and to come back on Monday and speak to the owner. Long story short, I returned 6 TIMES in which the 6th time I met with a lawyer that challenged me even though I had my $90 bill for one person, the waiter had previously remembered serving me, the maitre´d remembered me and yet I was questioned like a common criminal. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS INTERROGATION INCLUDING THE RUDE TREATMENT I RECEIVED AT LOS REYES RESTAURANT IN MARIETTA, GA. WHICH I SHARED WITH YÁLL! I am out $90, I was sick for actually 3 days, 2 visits to emergency room with last one being referred to a doctor since I was still experiencing severe cramps. THERE ARE SO MANY WONDERFUL RESTAURANTS IN SANTO DOMINGO - I have reviewed several and look forward to reviewing more. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE BEAUTIFUL COURTYARD - if you have a bad experience or are overcharged, expect a rude lawyer to interrogate you instead of taking care of business and providing customer service. STAY AWAY FROM LA BRICIOLA!!!!! Susan C.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

La Briciola, Santo Domingo is located in an exquisite 17th century building across from the Cathedral of America in the heart of historic, colonial Santo Domingo. Kudos to Carlo Prandoni, proprietor of La Briciola, and his staff, for a fabulous dining experience, superb ambience, best music I heard in a month in the Dominican, terrific art, outstanding service. Can't say enough about the amazing food, the wine, the cocktails, the service, the music -- it was an unparalleled experience in 23 yrs of visits to the D.R. from Canada! We'll be back.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Beautiful setting, architecture, paintings! Exceptional service and excellent food in a colonial atmoshere.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

A gorgeous internal courtyard of an old house has been turned into a gourmet restaurant. The night we were there, an excellent pianist serenaded us all throughout the evening. Magical.