“Wonderful people, service, room, food”

Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Ocean City, MD USA
“Wonderful people, service, room, food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

My daughter and I were there for a week and enjoyed every moment. Would love to go again and would definitely stay there. Everyone was courteous and gracious. The rooms
were exceptionally clean as was the entire hotel. Do not know why anyone would complain about this hotel or the people. I would certainly recommend it to my friends and
family.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank roxie7893

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fayette City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

I was worried after reading some of the reviews but this place was very nice and clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. Not as many English speaking staff as I would have like but we made it through with a laugh. Our room was very clean and the towels were like brand new. There was low internet in the room but a nice area to sit in by the elevators that had good reception. When asked about it, they tried to get a better connection. The buffet at every meal was excellent. Plenty of selection. I was there on a medical trip and was worried that I would be uncomfortable but the staff was very concerned and helpful in helping me up or into a car. Satisfied customer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank katydid10
Winston-Salem, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed a week in the updated and renovated fifth floor. Stay is by and large helpful and gracious. English is spoken by most of the key staff. Pool area is large and great. We did not go to the casino. The breakfast buffet is very good, especially the made-to-order omelet and eggs station. Location is on western side of Santo Domingo and was convenient for us. Close walk to a super market and YogenFruz.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank mazzetti
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed while in santo domingo. The rooms are full of dirt, as well as the bathroom. The towels with so many holes it seemed a swiss gruyere,damp sheets and horrible and musty pillows, The service at the dinner"buffet" was appalling, seems people working here is not very trained nor they have a very bad attitude. I had to leave hotel early in the morning to work, and could not have their horrible breakfast only at last day, because they open at 7. The internet connection was inexistent, and only helpful response from front desk was "come downstairs as in the lobby you will get better connection". so I had to go downstairs everyday after a hard working day to be able to use internet, and also to see how prostitutes look for potential "customers". I tried to complain at management for 2 times, but nobody was available????in two different days????
Do yourself a favor and look for other places in santo domingo. This place is a joke

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank newyorkgirl38
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

When I checked-in, I discover that if you want a room with wireless connection you have to pay EXTRA -sorry, not used to this, in Lima and Bogota, wireless is available everywhere in 4* hotels, this suppossedly is a 5* hotel-. I paid the extra money. After a long, long wait, I went to my room, to discover it was a room occupied by someone else. I was tired after a long journey but nothing offered me anything -whilst I waited- not even a complimentary drink as they do in other hotels.
Next morning got up early, I needed to send some documents to my office in London, guess what? Wireless works not slow but extremely slow!!!! A nightmare!!!! Went to reception only to be told that maybe if I went to the lobby, the connection will work better (why am paying the extra money for?????).
At the end, I stayed 4 nights and I didn´t enjoying my stay. Main reason: I feel cheated, paying for a service I never received. The internet worked only 1/2 day from the 4 days I stayed there. To be fair to them, they send their "technician" to help me, a nice bloke who brought his own laptop to measure the internet speed but didn´t do anything else, besides sitting in my room for a while without talking to me or solving my problem. The manager, non-existent, so only front desk people to complain to no avail.
At check out, they were very keen for me to pay a bottle of water and a packet of nuts consumed from the bar. I felt even more cheated.
My advice is that if you are going for work or leisure and you don´t need to be connected to your office or clients and have lots of time spare, then you should be fine in this hotel -breakfast buffet was nice-. But if you need to be working on a time schedule and need an efficient internet service, DON´T GO TO THIS HOTEL, they don´t have a clue about customer service.
Additionally, a man I talked to confirmed that the same happen to him regarding the internet connection and on one occassion, when I was at reception, I heard a lady complaining of a pair of earrings gone missing.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank MarinhaUK
Orlando
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

Because of our schedule, our family spent only afternoons and some evenings at the hotel. So the large pool, tennis courts, basketball court and soccer field gave us many options to unwind. If your intent is to be active in the ocean or downtown, this may not be the best option. But it is in a safe location and conveniently located to a large supermarket. The rooms are reasonably clean and the worked well for most of the week. The staff was helpful, though you should not expect many to speak english. Breakfast at the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family