“Great place!!”

Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hotel Dominican Fiesta is unique place. It mixes classic home style comfot and at the same time top of the line services. It was a great experience to stay in the hotel. I recommend the jazz cluz at the top level with a view of the whole city. Spectacular!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Palladium-Royal, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear guest:

Thanks a lot for your comment about your stay in our hotel. We are glad about you like our Jazz´s Club in the "La Azotea" Lounge.

Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I went to Santo Domigno for business and stayed at the Dominican Fiesta and in one word my experience was GREAT! The food, the rooms, the pool, the gym and most of all the Service! They make me feel like home! Always so helpful and with a smile on their face. Definitely in my next trip to Santo Domingo I'll go back hoping it would be for leisure not business so I can enjoy more this beautiful hotel!

Congratulations! Great work

Lauren Smith

• Stayed: April 2012
Palladium-Royal, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thanks a lot for your comments. We are so happy that you have been enjoyed your stay with us.

We wait to see you soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We took a short (3 day) trip to Santo Domingo this past week to see a friend who was performing at a jazz concert there. He made reservations for us a the hotlel where the concert was to take place. We were somewhat disappointed in the hotel. Don’t get me wrong it was ok but I cannot see myself or tourists staying there.
First off it is next to NOTHING and there is nothing with in walking distance except for a nice large (Bravo) grocery store. However when we asked at the front desk if there was someplace to buy groceries (snacks, water, sodas) near by they did not know if any. This seemed strange to me.
As to the hotel:

Front desk:
Very efficient and friendly

Rooms:
We had upgraded to the executive floor. Not sure why as this included absolutely nothing of value. You could have your breakfast in a small private dining room but even the staff there said the breakfast was better in the main dining room. There were no snacks, drinks, water etc available there other then for purchase. Certainly different than the “executive level” at other hotels.
The room was big and the floors dirty. We had to wash our feet a couple of times a day after walking around the room.
It is also the only hotel we have stayed at here in the DR where they had a sign on the mirror in the bathroom saying not to drink the water and they had NO bottled water other than the ones for sale in you mini bar and a lager bottle on the desk that you can buy for $3.45 US (plus 26% tax) or $4.35. This same bottle at the grocery store was 50 cents.

Food:
It was the worst food we have eaten here since we moved to the DR 6 years ago and only the second time I have had to send a meal back it was so bad. The best thing I can say about the breakfast buffet was that it was average at best and certainly not anything outstanding.

LOCATION:
Like I said before it is next to nothing. Any sights, museums, shopping (and there are lots of malls) are a 15-20 cab ride away. No restaurants, bars or shopping within walking distance. Also if you are going to stay here the cabs at the hotel will try to rip you off. If you walk to the guard gate he will call a cab for you at ½ the rate of the cab outside the hotel doors.

Ok hotel but would not stay there again.

BObK

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B0bK
Palladium-Royal, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Guest:

We are so sorry for any inconveniences. We was studying your case and we will answers and contact you soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed there is April 2012 with a Compassional International Mission Trip and left a rented flip phone in my room one day and it was stolen. I talked repeatedly with security while I was there and upon my return and no luck. The hotel was nice and comfortable but the security was POOR.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tripsmomma
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Guest:

We are so sorry for the inconvenience. The Hotel Management didn´t receive your report when you was at the hotel, maybe there will can help you.

Hope you can come back another time to make your stay unforgottable.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I would have liked to rate this hotel a bit higher than average, but as a first time guest experience, the details fell below my expectations. I chose this hotel because the Jaragua Hotel has become a dump and in urgent need of a remodel.

The rooms at the Dominican Fiesta are spacious, updated and comfortable. I did not upload any pictures because their website has good enough pictures you can check out. However, these are the "details" that would make me think twice about booking here again when I can get better service for the same price elsewhere:

1. The Airconditioner - I don't know about you, but while I don't mind a tropical climate, I cannot sleep in it. You have no control of the temperature in the room because it's controlled by a master thermostat. So, in my case, I wanted it cooler, I could not. This was confirmed by the maintenance person I had to call and all he could offer was to place the vents more in the direction of the bed.

2. Internet connection - While it is complimentary, you will have to have much patience as the system tends to kick you out and you will have to log back in right in the middle of your work. Not very effecient.

3. The business center - Be aware that it is YOUR responsibility to log out from all your work! They don't have automatic restart on those computers and someone could come behind you and log into your bank, credit card, facebook, or other information because the session remains in progress. There were a lot of personal things on the desktop from other guests, pictures, information, etc. Most computers do not have adobe flash - which I needed to print my boarding pass. Also, there was no paper in the printer - I had to call someone, again - the details that one should not have to ask for.

4. Electric Outlets - If I was traveling to Europe I would have taken with me a converter, but this is the first hotel in the DR that I had a problem finding an outlet to plug in my laptop. I called the front desk and they were out of converters. I was told there was a 3-prong outlet behind the desk where the tv's are - there was one, which led me to find the reason why everything in the mini-fridge was warm. The previous guest had disconnected it (probably to use the outlet) and the housekeeper never bothered to confirm that everthing was in it's original place before another guests arrives.....details.

5. Room Service - Make sure you check the accuracy of your bill when it is brought up to you. I was charged $600 pesos ($15 dollars) for a sandwich and a coffee. It turns out they billed my "coffee" as an "American Breakfast". After pointing it out, they corrected it, but it is extra time at check out when you are on a schedule. It should not have happened in the first place.

6. Elevators - You must use your room key to use the elevators or to go between floors. I don't know if it was the card readers or the keys themselves that did not make good contact. I found myself in the middle elevator with no where to go and the door shut because either the reader or my key wasn't working properly. Luckily someone pushed for the elevator on another floor and I was able to get out. The last elevator on the right is the one with the most issue, the other two worked "ok".

7. Booking - If you booked through a thrid party website, make sure you bring the PRINTED confirmation, especially if it was charged at that time. The front desk person told me at check in that I needed to pay because it was not prepaid, when in fact it was. At check out, I had to be credited a refund after they found their mistake.

Things I found to be great:

1. The Gym - Brand new machines, state of the art, very very clean. They close at 8pm so don't plan a work out beyond 7:30pm.

2. The Pool area - beautiful resort style pool.

3. Compliementary Parking

4. Super friendly staff, always willing to help

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the 5,6, or 7th floors - those are the most recently remodeled.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mambo305
Palladium-Royal, Gerente at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. We take notes of your comments since they help us to improve.

We hope that you will come back another time to show that the experience of your stay was unusual.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The hotel is in a residential area of the city. Secure and accessible from important highways. The service was good and the swimming pool very well maintained. Just now the casino is in repair, so some construction disruption in the area around the main entrance. The parking lot is adequate, but because the gym and spa is open to the general public sometimes they run out of parking space, but the valet parking is great and always prone to help. The spa facilities are not too friendly. you have to take the towels from the pool, because it is a rule that you cannot bring your towels from the room. In the spa the whirlpool's water is not heated and the sauna and vapor room work in alternate days. The gym is OK, but after 5 full of locals. The room service is adequate. The room is serviced every day and the staff is very well mannered and helpful. A supply of toiletries is offered every day. You cannot drink water from the faucet, so they give you a bottle of water every day free of charge, but a walking distance it is a Bravo supermarket were you can get water at regular price and also sodas or everything that you need. The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner is adequate, but the lunch at the pool it is excellent. National beers are included. If you have included only breakfast, for $900 pesos p/p you can have lunch or dinner (US $23) At the end if you don't use it, you dont pay for it. The bar at the lobby is excellent and they have a jazz club at the 8th floor. The internet service is available only at the lobby and it is not very reliable.

Room Tip: Get the ones facing to the swimming pool. The tower in top of the casino receives all the sun in the...
Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Palladium-Royal, Gerente at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Good Afternoon:

Thanks you for your comments about your stay in our hotel. We are glad because you have enjoyed in our hotel.

We will take note about your comments to improve in our hotel.

Thanks you so much

Reviewed January 20, 2012

If you want a great experience at an extremely affordable price, this is your place to be. Fantastic pool and hot tub to relax in, plus the hotel staff is one of the friendliest I've been around. I do not speak Spanish, so it was a big relief that 99% of the workers speak English. The one I ran into that didn't, however, was very patient when I used my broken Spanish. Great facility to simply relax in, and the view is spectacular from the rooms. Next to the very large pool are basketball and tennis courts, in addition to a soccer (futbol) field, as well as ping pong inside.

I had a fantastic experience and would suggest this place to anyone who is looking for a hotel in the Santo Domingo area without hesitation!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
fiestahotelgroup50, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thanks you for you comment. It´s a great pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you back very soon.

Best regards