All reviews rooftop pool zona colonial central courtyard el conde old world walking distance colonial style room was large modern amenities dominican republic air conditioning fourth floor punta cana cleaning staff enjoyed my stay two blocks standard room
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I paid $54/night with an online promotion. Credit cards accepted. Spacious single room. Minifridge. Excellent showers: great water pressure and hot water. Hot water might take a minute to get going. Restaurant onsite. Ten-dollar breakfast buffet which really should be included. Room has good air-conditioning. Room may be hot when you check in, but give the A.C. time to work...

Excellent free WiFi. Plenty of space in bathroom for toiletries. Rooftop pool that looked good. Excellent, helpful staff. Good location in the Zona Colonial, walking distance to all the sights. Room is not noise-proof, but all was quiet at night. Very clean. Interesting old building with character. You'll be OK here, but book through the hotel's website to get the best deal...

Trip type: Traveled solo
BoutiqueHotelPalacio, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Boutique Hotel Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking your precious time to comment about our Boutique Hotel Palacio all our staff say hello and thanks.We are pleased to know that you loved your stay. We are waiting for your next visit to Santo Domingo to continue as usual, provide a good service.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located in the center of Zona Colonial, super cute with lots of charmed. The front desk is very helpful and so are the cleaning staff along with the doorman. The room was nice, beds and pillows are not very comfortable but the room is big enough and so are beds. If you walk around and explore the hotel the have a little area that is like a museum, you can also get lots of beautiful pictures. We try only breakfast at the hotel restaurant for about $10 per person and it was nice, good food.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I found out about this hotel through Expedia which at first I was hesitant to take after seeing a few reviews but when I saw most of the fact that the more recent reviews were far better than the ones from two years ago, I took a chance on this hotel , and for the most part appreciate it .It is a nice centuries old charming remodeled hotel in the middle of the colonial zone, right around the corner from the supermarket a couple of restaurants , bars and not at all a far walk to the historical 16 00 Century building structures . On my first day I was given a small standard room on the first floor that was very small for which I understand came with the price that I paid for it, but after I went to the bathroom and noticed that none of the plumbing was functioning, I bought it to the staff attention, and they responded quickly by moving me into The fourth floor with a much bigger room with better air conditioning to which I very much enjoyed more thanks to the default of the first unit ☺️. As far as the breakfast goes it was a good and fulfilling buffet to start your day , just do not expect no fancy meals , but if you want the kitchen to cook you something like an omelette , they will be more than happy to help you out. And to the to staff members Julio , Larry , Abril aka April Rogers, and also the Haitian guy that worked nightshift (sorry forgot the name) , thanks for answering all my questions and making my stay good as possible .In the future I could see myself coming back here for my stay in Santa Domingo

Trip type: Traveled solo

Reviewed July 3, 2018

Hotel Boutique Palacio is a comfortable hotel in the Colonial area in Santo Domingo. Walking distance from historic places and in a secure area. Stayed there for 3 nights, and the place was clean, room was spacious and comfortable and the staff was very kind especially my good friends Rocio and Yira!. The always have a smile on their faces and are willing to help and answer all questions. The only two drawback are: that the free wifi signal does not work very well in the rooms (I stayed on the second floor) and breakfast price is around $10 which is competitive for a hotel but a little too expensive for the area. The price overall is very affordable and I would certainly recommend it and comeback if I have to. Thanks to everyone in Hotel Palacio for a great stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
BoutiqueHotelPalacio, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Boutique Hotel Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hello, Mr. Acevedo, thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are very proud that you have had a good time here and that you have enjoyed our hotel. We regret that you had to leave so soon, we hope you come back and that this time you stay a long time so you can enjoy the beautiful places that the colonial area has.

Happy day,

Att. Yira

Reviewed June 9, 2018

Lately very poor administration of the hotel. Rooms are stinky and dirty! AC not working properly and problems with hot water. Breakfast no like before. Late check out not possible. No parking for the car.

Room tip: check the room before pay
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
BoutiqueHotelPalacio, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Boutique Hotel Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear customer, we regret any inconvenience you may have had, we regret your experience with us, but we promise to verify what happened in your room during your stay.

We have parking available within the hotel, we also ask for an excuse if you some time thought that we did not have the parking enabled for our customers, we also have a pool in the 4th floor, gym, sauna, bar and restaurant.

In relation to breakfast, it is a buffet and every day we have varieties, we apologize for the same.

We hope you can come back to offer you our best services.