“great location”

Barcelo Santo Domingo
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Been visiting the Hotel since the old days when it was the LINA Hotel. Great location, very comfortable beds and spacious rooms.
Great value for price per night. The executive level personnel is properly oriented to service the customers.

Room Tip: Go to the executive floor for better service. Its worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
BarceloSantoDomingo, Director of Sales at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Julio,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review!
It is important for us to know our guests opinions and experiences inorder to grow and improve our operations.

Please don´t hesitate to visit us again.

Katiuska Mendez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here a couple of times on business. Hotel is trying to refurb and update, but constrained by the existing design of rooms. Small windows make the rooms dark and a little intimidating. The showers are great - but I would have liked the option of a bath. Executive lounge on top floor is good, with jacuzzi and chill area - and wide views over city. Swimming pool is huge, and great features - loungers in the water.
In summary, everything good except the rooms a little dated.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room - street side is very noisy
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr Stephen,

First of all thank you for visiting us at Barcelo Santo Domingo and contacting us with you review, as well as taking the time to write it.

We are happy to hear your kind comments!

We are specially glad you have noticed the renewals and general improvements on our facilities. As you said, we sometimes find ourselves, limited in these changes due to the main structure of the building, However in order to improve our guests experiences we do take suggestions such as yours, regarding the bathtubs, for future upgrades on our services.

The staff at Barcelo Santo Domingo works everyday on keeping our guests satisfied in both the executive floor and the rest of our rooms and restaurants.

Hopefully you will once again visit us.

Should you have any other comment, please don´t hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here in February and had a decent experience and decided to stay here again, but boy was I wrong in doing so. I should have just stayed somewhere else. I stayed here because of the decent location but totally not worth it. From the moment I checked in, it was a horror story. They kept my American License and claimed they gave it back and called me a liar. I had to wait to get a room even though check in time is at 3. I stayed on the 5th floor and in the middle of the night other guests where having a conversation right outside. I called the front desk and they didn't do anything to mediate the incident. I then needed towels as all the hotels in this country seem to have a towel deficiency problem. I had to call 3 times. I told them," you would think that if I call for a towel, it's because I need it now not tomorrow." Lastly, I was charged $8 US dollars for a bottle water. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It's amazing they do not charge you to breath there! The staff is rude and inadequate. I told one of them that if she doesn't like her job she should quit. Customer service is not their main goal. I will never stay here again. I am not a masochist.

Room Tip: Skip This Hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank yuyi23

Dear traveller,

Thank you for contacting us with this inquiry.

First of all we would like to apologize for time in replying to your review.

We lament the experiences you had to go through during your stay at Barcelo Santo Domingo. We take into consideration all of our guest´s opinions and experiences as they help improve our services and facilties.

Having said this, we reassure you this feedback is taken seriously as a constructive opinion that allow us to detect errors and enhance our operations as well as other customer´s experiences.

Should you have any other comments please let us know.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

very clean hotel with a good size casino, nice bars to relax in but the selling point of the barcelo is the rooms, one of the most comfortable beds i have ever been in and i didnt want to get out of the shower, amazing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
BarceloSantoDomingo, Director of Sales at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for letting us know just how gratifying was your experience at Barceló Santo Domingo and for this kind review.

We invite you to repeat your stay with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for years and it has really improved over time. The beds and linens are nice, big showers, the pool is lovely. The workout facilities have seen better days- I don't think they get used much. The breakfast buffet is large and yummy. The location is not really close to much if you are a tourist but if you need a place for a night or 2 it is nice.

• Stayed: September 2012
BarceloSantoDomingo, Director of Sales at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Paul,

I would like to thank you for choosing Barceló Santo Domingo as you family vacation destination. At the same regretting taking so long to reply to your review, which we appreciate.

It is important for us to know each and every of our guests experience so we can work on improving our services. I want to apologize for the situations that caused a negative reflection on your stay.

Your highlights and comments on both our positive and strong areas, and the weaker ones, have helped us improve greatly by adressing each and every cons separately. While we watch out for our guests safety, we still understand guests may want to tour around Santo Domingo but always recommend them to call a taxi. Regarding the pool the schedule has been extended accordingly to the season.

I want to personally extend an invitation to you and your family to come back and try our facilities once more.

Kindly,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had an overall good weekend at Barcelo in Santo Domingo. I would recommend this hotel.
The check in and check out was fast . The staff was mostly bilingual and very helpful. The room refrigerator was well stocked. The pool and pool bar was great!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarlCounts
BarceloSantoDomingo, Director of Sales at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Carl,

Thank you for choosing Barceló Santo Domingo as you vacation destination. I would also like express our gratitude for taking the time to write this review.

Do visit us again and relive the experience!

kindly,

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Back again after they finished the renovations and I like it . I have no complaints at all and for the first time in all my trip's to DR I had a Damm good omelet. Check in was brisk at the premium club the room comfy and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking part of your time to review Barceló Santo Domingo. We are happy to hear about your excellent experience with us.

Please feel free to come back again and taste our fab omelets once more, which you can enjoy with a wonderful view of Santo Domingo, if you are staying at our Club Premium.

Best of regards,

Melia Caribe Tropical
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
#25 of 113 in Punta Cana

Been to Barcelo Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!