“Great hotel with great service!”

Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I came to the DR for a business trip and I'm so glad I chose to stay at this hotel. The front desk staffs are all wonderfully helpful. I ordered room service and Noel C. provided wonderful service. This will be where I'll stay for my future trips as well.

• Stayed: May 2013
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Azhang1027,

Thank you for your review. It is pleasure to know that our staff exceeded your expectations, especially at the Front Desk and Room Service. In the near future the hotel will be a Sheraton, with new facilities and services for our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff is excellent. You are immediately greeted with mimosas or some type of delicious fruit juice in a flute glass. The rooms are VERY clean, mini bar is stacked. There is a $9 per day wifi which i Hope they change also the pool is being rebuilt due to their switch back to sheraton but the adjacent hotel (EL JARAGUA) has an amazing pool with a bar and food. I am seriously having withdraw from my beautiful room and the quality of the staff: Rosigna Vargas, Paola Gabriel, Sixto at the bar and the young lady bar tender who was also there on my departure date ( 5/13/13 day bar) Anita is Wonderful! She's a room keeper and is very sweet. Katerine Vermonte, Mr. Elias Batista. & A young guy named De Leon who works room service. I mean If I could list them all I would but I forget the names. I cannot wait to come back in a few months hopefully for a longer stay, give these people a PAY RAISE!! Muuuah!

Michelle P.

Room Tip: Go with a deluxe room so you get a great view of the ocean. Go to SAMANA for the beautiful beaches...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear leavemialone,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Our staff is delighted and proud with your comments, because we accomplished our goal to exceed your expectations. The hotel will be part of the Sheraton brand very soon and we are exited with the new facilities and services we will offer to our guests. It will be an honor to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Spended the week end really loved it !!!! it was really nice and the staff is great. Really loved the malecon !!! Great food !!!!! Will go back soon with the family !!!!! One of the nicest place in Santo Domingo loved the pool bar with Luis !!!!!!!

Room Tip: room on 11 floor

Dear Pascal M,

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the hotel. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the experience. The hotel is in the process to become a Sheraton very soon and we will offer new areas to enjoy for our guests. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you and your family in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My business partner and I travel to Santo Domingo 2-3 times a year for a week's consulting work. We always stay at the Magna (previously Melia) because of the service staff. It is like returning home each time we arrive as we are greeted with big smiles and fabulous service! The breakfast staff (ask for Ramon Cuello) and 10th floor lounge staff are superb.
We will definitely keep coming back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Carol F,

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the hotel. We are proud to received them and know that your enjoyed the experience. The hotel is in the transition to become a Sheraton and we will keep working to exceed your expectations. We will look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel to Santo Domingo on business three or four times a year, and have stayed at a number of different locations throughout the city, but always come back to the Magna 365 (formerly Melia, and in the near future, Sheraton, again), as my home away from home.

As a photographer, lecturer and consultant, I find the location to be perfect--right across the Malecon from the water; very close to the old city; and highly accessible to the business and shopping areas of Santo Domingo.

Every member of the staff is warm and friendly, and will bend over backwards to meet any guest need. The Business facilities are extremely accommodating. Language is never an issue since hotel staff members are fluent in multiple languages. The management does a great job of hiring friendly, competent and multilingual employees.

The Business Center and support is unparalleled. Every attempt is made to quickly and accurately address any business need; and security is tight and excellent.

The Executive Levels are outstanding with a superior lounge, fantastic views, with highly attentive staff, and excellent food and refreshment choices.

Food in the hotel restaurants is consistently good, with the international gourmet selections in the da Vinci Restaurant, outstanding. When a little relaxation is needed, there is a casino right there at the hotel.

The ambiance throughout the restaurants and the entire hotel leads to a very relaxing, but supportive environment for the work that I need to do when I am in the city.

The current renovations that will lead to an even more spectacular entry and lobby are being carried out in a very subtle manner, such that they do not impinge on the guests of the hotel. The outcome will be spectacular.

If you have business to do in Santo Domingo, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The Executive Levels are a very good value, with extremely attentive staff and many amenities.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Restless Scotsman,

Thank you for letting us know your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. It is very comforting to confirm that we exceed your expectations and you enjoyed the experience, because our personnel always do their best to make our guest feel like at home. The hotel is in the process to become a Sheraton hotel and we are very confident that the changes we are making will improve our service. It will be an honor to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here with my son and wife for two nights and we were extremely pleased with the chice we made. The staff was great, helpful and friendly, and always available. The room was veryspacious and clean, modern decoration, and mine had a great view of the Caribbean sea. The breakfast buffet has great variety with the usual breakfast chices like eggs, french toasts, etc. But also has typical dominican options like mangù, salami, and more. We also ordered room service which was reallygood, fast, and not excessively priced. The down side of my stay was that the pool was being renovated and we had to use the pool from the hoteel next door, but it was not a problem at all as there was someone there all the time to take us there. I really can not say enough good things about this hotel. I am so pleased with my stay that I dont even really mind the extra 9 dollars I paid for functioning internet.

The location is also good as there is a typical dominican food place near by (walking distance) called Adrian Tropical. To the other direction you have the colonial zone (old town), and also easy access to the main streets and highways.

I will definitely be back to this hotel, and hopefully they keep their standards once they go back to being a Sheraton

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jose D,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the experience, specially the room and the variety of our breakfast. Our hotel will be part of the Sheraton brand very soon with new facilities and services. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

You will love this hotel from the moment you get to the curbside and receive a warm smile and welcome from the very courteous bellmen. It fills my heart with joy and happiness knowing that I made the right hotel choice for my trip one more time.

The check in is a breeze together with the refreshing drink you receive, the bell person brings you up to the room and will check your room ensuring all is perfect for your stay. The beds are fluffy, all is clean and a soothing ambiance. The floor attendants are very nice and will try their best to help you with any request you may have.

In general, it is home away from home for us. Without exception, staff tries hard to give the guest a great stay from the cleaning staff to the executive level. Languages are not an issue, you will find several languages spoken at the hotel since they have tourist from all over the world staying throughout the year.

As a world business traveler, I will be first to say that I am not easy to please when it comes to hotel food. The Magna has a visual kitchen and the breakfast offerings are amazing. The servers already know my choices as well as my husband's and soon as we arrive at the restaurant they will come with our breakfast choices including my tiny "panes de agua" for my coffee. Room service makes wonderful recommendations, we trust them without fail.

The location is another big plus. You are staying at the Malecon, right across the water, great view and a great area to absorb the culture and for people watching and yes, Dominican music at various points of the Malecon. The Zona Colonial is a stone throw from the Magna 365 hotel, walking or a short taxi ride to attractions, bars and great restaurants.

Safety and security is excellent, you will have peace of mind during your stay. The security staff is very professional and skilled without being intrusive and overwhelming.

If you are a casino lover, you are in luck, there is a casino as part of the hotel complex.

The hotel is going through great changes as part of the Sheraton hotel expectations. I have not had the pleasure of meeting the GM but the hotel outstanding and restless Resident Manager speaks highly of him. Congratulations to them and their team for running such a great operation during the changes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CitizenoftheAir
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear CitizenoftheAir,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are honored with your comments and proud because we accomplished our goal to exceed your expectations. The hotel is in the process to become a Sheraton and there are high expectations with the new changes and services we will provide.

It will be a pleasure to serve you in your futures trips to Santo Domingo.