“Great security and very friendly staff”

Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location, very good security and very friendly staff. Delicious breakfast buffet. Room was spacious and very clean. Nicely appointed and good equipment, such as TV, coffeemaker, etc. business center is well equipped and comfortable. Did not like the $9 a day wifi charge, though.

• Stayed: April 2013
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Dennis Brian P

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are proud to know that you enjoyed our service. The hotel will be part of the Sheraton brand very soon and will have more facilities and services for our guests. It will be a pleasure to serve you again in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times, a really nice hotel with comfortable rooms. The staff are very friendly and helpful. On my last visit I left behind an expensive polo shirt which was quickly located and sent back to me here in the states. I love Santo Domingo and will stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear simoncoltman,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your visit to our hotel. We are glad to know that we exceed your expectations. I would like to mention that we are becoming a Sheraton hotel very soon with many improvements to our property. We hope to have the privilege to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is phenomenal. Not so much because of the hotel- it is nice. But because of the people that are there. I have never been to a place that went out of there way so much to accommodate & look out for their guests.

From the time we arrived at the hotel and even after we had left to go to another hotel until our trip ended and we were back in America, this hotel WENT OUT OF THERE WAY to make sure I was happy.

The bellhop called back up to the room to check on us a fee minutes after we had gotten settled in. The front desk was ALWAYS courteous & very very helpful in answering all of our questions. & the security personnel insured our safety throughout our stay.

The hotel offers 24hr curbside cab service that we never had to wait longer than a few minutes for. They offered tips and advice on where to eat and what to visit in the city, & always always offered service with the biggest smiles.

The hotel itself even under construction was lovely. The waterfall and reflection pools in front of the hotels were calming, and the view from our 5th floor hotel room was breathtaking. Room service was prompt & the food was enjoyable. The mini bar came in handy for midnight munchies, & the cable service offered channels in english and spanish.

The bedding was great. Everyday we had fluffed pillows and fresh linens. My sister and I stayed for three days and in between the pool, exploring the city, and the culture, we would quit often leave the room in a rush; room service always left nice organizational finishing touches & kept our belongings in order.

We doubled the mini bar as our fridge for fruit. The mini bar stopped working on the second day. We called in the evening and someone came right away to fix it.

We left the hotel after three days, & traveled to a resort in Punta Cana. The experience was nowhere as relaxing or customer service friendly and all we wanted was to come back to Hotel Magna/The Sheraton.

Even after our stay had ended here, I discovered that I had accidentally left a painting I had purchased in the back seat of my taxi we took to the bus stop. The hotel staff worked diligently to contact the taxi company ob my behalf, sent their own driver to pick up my painting & bring it back, keep constant contact with me at the resort, and shipped my painting back to my house in America.

I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. The bathrooms were clean, the beds were the perfect firmness, there was FREE WIFI, there were complimentary dirty linen bags in the closet. The food was great.... But above all else the people made our trip memorable. The amount of love and care that Jokasta and her team of professionals put into this place is rare.

I have EVERY intention on coming back to the Dominican Republic. And I wouldn't dare stay anywhere else. Thank you guys sooo much for a wonderful relaxing trip.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ntellect

Dear Ntellect,

Thank you for letting us to know the experience you had at the hotel. It is stimulating to know that we accomplished our goal, to make you feel at home. In the near future we will be part of the Sheraton brand with new facilities to our guests. We hope to have the honor to serve you in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I travel a lot for business. And usually, eating at the hotel is not something I enjoy doing but with a busy work schedule it's often my only option. I say I don't enjoy doing it because the food is usually not that great. Well, that is not the case at Hotel Magna 365. I've been here a few weeks on business, and I've sampled a lot of their food (from room service, to the dinner and breakfast buffets) and I have not been disappointed yet. The chef deserves a big thumbs up. And the wait staff couldn't be more attentive. Great experience. I highly recommend this property if you are in Santo Domingo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Eli M
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Eli M,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that we reach your expectations, especially with our food offer. In the near future the hotel will become a Sheraton and we will offer more areas to enjoy to our guests. It will be a pleasure to serve you again in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was there with my wife just last week and stayed there for 4 nights. It is a very nice, clean, luxurious hotel. I can not say anything bad about it. From the front desk service to the gardener, the service was great. Of course we met one or two employees that maybe were having a bad day but that did not affect the way we felt in that hotel....we were feeling very much welcome. Shame that I had to leave because a mistake from our part and when we went to the front desk to request another night to stay and return 3 days later for another night...I was told that the price had gone up so we decided to go to the Jaragua next door...boy that was a mistake. After traveling so many times to the Dominican Republic and staying on many hotels I believe this is the best so far so on our next trip to the Dominican Republic we are staying at the Magna future Sheraton. Just hope that the name change does not affect the quality of service nor the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JSE65
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear JSE65,

Thank you for letting us know your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the experience. At the end of the summer we are going to become a Sheraton hotel with new facilities for our guests and it will be a pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

For the past 35 years we have been guests of the hotel and have always been happy with the service and the great attention paid to our personal needs. It always seems when we are thinking of something we need or want, our needs or wishes have already been anticipated.and are waiting for our use.

Room Tip: More drawer space would be great for those of us who stay for a long time.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mor2nB

Dear Mor2nB,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are honored with your loyalty to us and know that our efforts to exceed your expectations are accomplished. Hopefully this summer our property will be part of the Sheraton brand with many changes to keep satisfying the needs of our guests. It is an honor to serve you and we hope to do it in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This apparently used to be the Hotel Mehia and now is the Hotel Magna 365 and will soon be the Sheraton. The location is really nice, right on the Malecon hence requesting a room on a higher floor with a view was worth it! The lobby was nice and spacious and there were stores attached to the hotel to get souvenirs (small selection) and a hair salon. It was ideally located around the corners from a few restaurants (walking distance on Malecon to Adrian Tropical....and a block behind the hotel Manolo and a few others). The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. The restaurant in the hotel has buffet breakfast and lunch which were pretty good. Room service was quick and food was good. The front desk staff was super helpful and courteous. The beds were comfortable. The wifi in the room was a bit spotty at times but there is also a business centre that provides internet connection and printing capabilities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ririmarley_13
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear ririmarley_13

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the hotel. We always look for exceed the expectations to our guests and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience here. During this summer the hotel will become a Sheraton with new facilities and services. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.