“a truly welcoming place”

Hotel Villa Colonial
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I would not want to write a review which sounds so good that people might actually think it's a scam, but there is no other option to describe the great experience we had. The place is cosy, modern and authentic all at once. While this boutique hotel itself has a great ambiance, clean, stylish and well kept rooms, very pleasant pool and the outdoor area, the feeling of piece in the middle of all the activity in SD, the staff is what makes the real difference. As mentioned by other reviewers, hotel manager (Ramon) as well as the rest of the team went out of their way to make sure we have the best experience. You should definitely trust the recommendations given by Ramon - he will ensure you experience the absolute best SD has to offer. Enjoy! I wish I could go back soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yaelyael
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Colonial

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Tried something new booking here and it ended up changing my entire perspective on boutique hotels. Was only supposed to stay one night but extended for three. This is an excellent property with exemplary staff. Value for money is excellent. And somehow quiet in a generally busy area!? You will be at peace the moment you walk through the door. Extraordinarily convenient to tourist area and even has parking which is normally a hassle in Colonial Zone. Was in town solo on business but imagine this would be a great place for couples. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ground floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Colonial Villa was a beautiful little villa right in the heart of SD. The price can not be beat and the staff was exceptional. They ensured that we had everything we needed and went out of their way to take care of us. Perfect place for couples, families or solo travelers alike. We will definitely be going here again!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love the staff we showed up late and they still were able to cater to us and were very pleasant - Billy and the owner Ramon were exceptional and the location is the best !!! right around the corner from the main street with a nice option of vendors - the cathedrals - parking was not a problem - byob and ice - very cozy and set apart i couldn't believe how nice and inexpensive the hotel room was for showing up so late on a saturday night !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mrs u
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is perhaps the best hotel I ever stayed in. Very convenient location, clean, extremely friendly and helpful stuff, and very reasonable price.

I stayed in Villa Colonial for 5 nights (first booked for 2 nights, then extended for 4 more, then had to leave a day earlier - they accommodated me with no problem). When I wanted to spend a day outside of the city, the hotel manager suggested a few possible day trips, and then on my request called Rancho Baiguate in Jarabacoia, scheduled rafting and horse riding excursions for me, and gave me very detailed instructions how to get there.

Also they gave me excellent suggestions for restaurants. Every time I followed their advice, I got into very good places. And every time I disregarded their advice and chose something on my own, it was not that good. So by the end I knew their suggestions are worth listening to.

Location of the hotel is just right for a sightseeing tourist - in the middle of the colonial zone. Rooms are clean, common areas are well decorated, there is a small pool which I used a lot.

The wifi signal was very weak in my room, and when I mentioned this to the hotel manager, he told me he is already aware of the problem and they will be replacing the entire wifi setup soon. Other than that, I have nothing to suggest to them on the improvement side. The hotel is just right for a quick tourist stay in Santo Domingo.

If I need to go to Santo Domingo again, I am very likely to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank DenisGurchenkov
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I can't say enough about the service provided by Ramon and his staff, made to feel very welcome
and full of advice about the city and the Dominican Republic.
Excellent value in a convenient location to explore colonial Santo Domingo, all the attractions are within walking distance. The pool and courtyard offer a relaxing atmosphere after trecking around the city.
Many thanks for a pleasant stay.
Sharon

2  Thank sharon_pretty
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We unfortunately had to cancel our reservation at the last minute. The terms of our reservation
would have had us pay for one night. Ramon most graciously would have none of that and gave us a full refund. He was most courteous to deal with and speaks excellent English.
Even though we were unable to stay there I would highly recommend this hotel.
Michael Keen