“Sushi aplatanao”

Yokomo Sushi
Ranked #113 of 604 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Yokomo Sushi is a local Japanese restaurant and sake B, "aplatanao" style. We offer seafood, chicken and veggie sushi, taste some ice cold beer (Presidente), Sake or even our own made Sangría and other original cold beverage. We can serve you in English and you can visit on any of our 5 locations: Gazcue (just minutes away from Zona Colonial), Los Prados, Bella Vista, Naco and now Ozama.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Sushi aplatanao”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had a very good experience at yokomosushi the food was great, I had some fish and the sushi had platano in the sushi which was a bonus having fusion of Dominican style sushi . I eat sushi all the time and it was definitely up to the standards I was use to. I had a couple of Presidentes that were ice cold and the service was awesome so I had to leave a good tip. I left stuffed and didn't really even spend that much money. Also it was close to my hotel which was the BQ hotel about a block away and the entertainment on the tvs was pretty good. The decor is pretty awesome too from the walls all the way to the tables and place mays and you can use chops sticks and eat your sushi traditional style .

• Visited March 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Sushi a platanao - Brilliant”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I have been to 2 of their locations in the capitol. Food was phenomenal. cost was ..peanuts. The names they gave the rolls had me laughing to my car. This is a MUST. We need some of this brilliance in New York!

• Visited November 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Good sushi and very good service.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and I eat sushi at least once a week but usually on vacation we try to avoid sushi because we are not sure about the quality but here we did not have to worry as everything was fresh and they offer great service. We asked a few changes in making of our sushis and they waiter was were flexible and after serving us, he asked if we were happy or we wanted any of them changed! That is very very good service.

• Visited December 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Gazcue location - creative but greasy!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'm in love with the idea of this place and think you should try it at least once, but they could improve on quality. We tried four different rolls (maki) at the Gazcue location and liked 3/4 - the fourth, a fried roll, was so smothered in sauce that it was almost soggy. Still, major points for creativity, and impressive in terms of fusion cuisine.

• Visited January 2014
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Fine sushi adventure”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

These guys have very impressive imagination. Most of the sushi I have tried there were unique and done with fantasy, using local ingredients, and coming up with unusual blends, such as platano sushi. The design of the place, especially tables, also reflects same idea. Perhaps, I would really appreciate seeing in menu at least couple of more traditional choices, as basically everything here is fusion. I say again, it is a VERY good example of fusion sushi, but sometimes you also might want to taste good old salmon/tuna/yellowtail/whatever nigiri. However, in the spirit of Cristobal Columbus, this is the place for the ones who seek to discover.

• Visited December 2013