“Great view and good local food”
Review of Adrian Tropical

Adrian Tropical
Ranked #12 of 651 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It represents the best option to know and live the true experience of dominican cuisine.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This restaurant was excellent to taste real local quality food. We tried mofongo a local specialty made with yuca or plantains combined with cheese, fish, or any meat. It is delicious. We also tryed ceviche which we really liked. For those who eat red meat there are also options. The natural juices are envigorating. The ocean views are really beautiful. It might be a bit windy if you seat outside but the view is worth it.

1  Thank Laura R

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I visited this restaurant based upon the fellow travelers' reviews - I am so glad I did! The free soup to start with was delicious. I had goat stew with fresh papaya juice, but I could not finish all. Everything was tasty, but the portion is similar to that of American establishments. I sat on the second floor, at one of the outdoor tables overlooking ocean. It was very calming. The wait staff is very friendly too - one of them ended up bringing me English menu, because I had too many questions! Every time they were at my table, they had smile on their faces. I will definitely go back, if I ever go back to SD.

1  Thank rico_chan
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I frequented Adrian Tropical as an off-site dining alternative to our own hotel's restaurant. Its proximity to all of Malecon's famous hotels and breathtaking ocean views made this establishment an immediate favorite based on location alone. Adrian Tropical offers both indoor and outdoor patio dining. The prices are very good for the amount of food that you receive. Our favorite dishes included Pollo Tropical and Pechuga de Pollo. Drink prices are also very reasonable, as well, about $4 USD for a margarita. Be prepared for a wait, however. Adrian Tropical is extremely popular among both tourists and locals. We noticed that early afternoon (3PM) and late night (after 9PM) dining seemed to be the best options. Next time you are in Santo Domingo, be sure to check out one of Adrian Tropical's locations (There is a 2nd property located within the city, as well.) Buen provecho!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This place represents the best of our cuisine. I strongly recommend this restaurant to tourists and visitors.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Excellent local food in a very nice location!
Also, if compared to Europe or the States the price is great for the value of the meal.