Hostal Parque
Boutique Hotel Palacio(Santo Domingo)
$69
$67
$140
$117
  • Pool
Barcelo Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
$91
$112
Priceline
$219
  • Pool
Casas del XVI(Santo Domingo)
$297
$288
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The room was not even close to being clean. You know there is a problem when the trash can in the room is full of food wrappers and empty bottles and there are crumbs on the bed.

But the location is good, service is excellent and friendly. Lockers in the room are small, enough for a purse but not for a backpack.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank c f
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I found the amount of hotels in the Zona Colonial overwhelming. We tried this place for our first night in country because we would be out exploring anyway. We were impressed enough that we immediately booked a room for our last night in country as well. It is only a few blocks from the main Calle El Conde walking street and many of the historical sites. The street was pretty quiet late at night. Comfortable bed. Nice shower. We had a room with a little fridge. Plenty of storage shelves. The breakfast was better than most for free. Bread, ham, cheese, fruit, coffee and juice - although the second time around the breakfast was smaller for some reason. The bar prices were pretty high so we never had a drink there, but the open courtyard looked like a quaint place to do wifi and meet people. Overall I would say you get the same as all the other hotels, for half the price, as long as you aren't looking for anything fancy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank africalizard
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here two nights and really enjoyed it. The location is a short walk to lots of shops (calle el conde is best), the colonial sights, and the sea (the malecon is the sea wall). Right in the middle of lots to do. The accommodations are basic but comfortable, clean, and colorful. A nice hot shower, working A/C, and television with spanish channels. The only downside was our street-facing room got noisy early in the morning with lots of rush hour trucks, maybe get one that isn't right off the street. The owners were friendly and helpful when we needed directions or information. Eggs, toast, and ham are included in the morning in a sunny courtyard with a turtle pond. There's lots to see in the DR beyond Santo Domingo, but this is a good place to stay while you're there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tr4velc4t
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Wifi Is on Ground-Floor where breakfast is served . You should ask for fruits and eggs if you wish them for Breakfast . They have a nice sunny roof-terrace . The owner Walter is friendly . Warm water is with Solar Energy , used it with care . We stayed 7 nights in room 31 . I have an hostel in Rio and my 2 advices will be to put Wifi in all rooms and plenty of fresh fruits for Breakfast . Walter , will you come to my Hostel , www.casa6ipanema.com ?
I will add , putting hooks and shelves .

Room Tip: I will ask for a room having a window to the patio , not the street ! Rooms 31 or 32 .
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank STEPHANE61
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed there for 5 nights there and really enjoyed the hotel. Nothing fancy and over the top, but it meets your basic needs of a clean and comfortable bed and a clean shower. The room in which I stayed was very spacious. The air conditioning unit was a little quirky, but it was probably because I didn't know how to operate it. Simple and healthy breakfast. In general very quiet at night (since my room faced the back.) The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Altagarcia. She was simply a gem. The location is super convenient, walking distance to everything and everywhere...well, almost! I happily recommend it to anyone who wants to experience Santo Domingo's real life and not cooped up in a five-star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo