“Brilliant Beginners Dive”

ALDive & W.A.T.E.R Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominica's newest marine operator. Underwater walls and topside waterfalls. Under sea and over land tours, children welcome, small groups only, specials for cruise passengers. R U wet yet?
snowdrop09
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant Beginners Dive”
Reviewed February 2, 2009

I have just returned from a cruise to the Caribbean where my husband , myself and my daughter had the good fortune of diving with 'Aldive' under the gentle guidance of Billy. I had been liaising with Samantha (his wife) via e mail for some time, so felt we had a good rapport before we even got there. My husband is a certified diver, but wanted my daughter and I to experience the pleasures of diving. We had our first dive the previous day in St Thomas which was appalling, and badly organised (from the ship) but Samantha and Billy arranged for us to dive at Champagne, which was absolutely wonderful and Billy showed us the best places and pointed out loads of interesting things that I can't remember the names of now, but his patience was second to none. I was terrified about having to tip backwards off the boat, but he was reassuring and patient. It is a shame that we only had the time for one dive as I would definitely recommend them for novice or expert.

1 Thank snowdrop09

los angeles
“Best Diving Experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2008

ALDive is second to none. Billy is a class act, very interesting, calm and informative. He holds about every certification possible. Billy catered dives to our schedule, where else in the world can you get this. Billy has a plethora of knowledge about the island and can answer any questions you have (diving or other). Billy always organized a dive that allowed us to see a new area. The dive at Champagne was impressive, both day and night. The dive master located two sea horses within minutes. on a dive at the pinnacles, Billy spotted a frog fish about 25 feet below us. If you are going to Dominica there is no better place to dive with. Also if you like night dives have Billy take you to one of his favorite spots!!! i am already trying to plan a trip next year with my wife to dive with Billy and ALDive.

Jeff, Los Angeles

Ottawa
“Best Little Dive Operation in Dominica”
Reviewed May 9, 2008

As an experienced diver who has travelled extensively in search of excellent diving, I certainly found it with this little diving operation called ALDive & W.A.T.E.R. Sports Inc. in Dominica. This no frills but efficiently run outfit gave me one of the best diving experiences I have had in a long time. Small but comfortable dive boat with a competent crew handling very small groups of divers (no more than eight) made this diving adventure very pleasant and memorable. Their choice of local dive sites also yielded gorgeous reefs with plenty of fish big and small to satisfy the most demanding sports diver. The diving here is really pristine with pinnacle reef mounds brimming with life. I highly recommend the diving and ALDive. Billy and Samantha know how to take care of your diving needs in a most courteous and professional manner while always keeping your safety in mind.

Enjoy!

Mike Sylvain, Ottawa, Canada.

St. Catharines, Ontario. Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Came in for the day on a cruise and found ALDive right by the port. (We hadn't booked in advance) Samantha came and picked us up and we went on a two tank dive with Billy and Weldon. It was just the two of us with Billy and Weldon, a private guided dive...how lucky! (I snorkelled, husband dove) They were fantastic guys! Samantha was awesome too, when she drove us back to the ship, she gave us pointers on what to go discover with our remaining time in port. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Very personable and professional.
You've got two friends in Canada who will tell anyone who goes to Dominica in search of a dive to dive with you!
Thank you for a great day.

1 Thank CatFox
Washington, DC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Diving Safe and Secure”
Reviewed October 30, 2007

October 30, 2007, Washington, D.C. I just returned from a week of incredible diving in Dominica. The staff of ALDive & W.A.T.E.R. Sports made this diving experience relaxing and enjoyable. I was well taken care of. I felt comfortable and safe on every portion of the dive experience.
Owner and operator, Billy Lawrence and his wife Samantha go out of their way to see to your every need. Billy's extensive knowledge of the magnificent dive sites at the southern end of the island totally enhances the diving experience. It was not just about diving that made the whole experience memorable, there were unique cultural references and a great sense of family when diving with AlDive.
I am already planning my next dive trip to Dominica and my first call will be to let Billy and Samantha know that I am coming.