“Friendly dive shop run by local Dominicans”

ALDive & W.A.T.E.R Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominica's newest marine operator. Underwater walls and topside waterfalls. Under sea and over land tours, children welcome, small groups only, specials for cruise passengers. R U wet yet?
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly dive shop run by local Dominicans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

During my time living in Dominica for 15 months I would regularly go diving with Billy and the team at ALDive. His staff are all friendly yet professional, their dives catering to smaller groups which allows for a more intimate experience of the amazing underwater worlds Dominica has to offer. I highly recommend diving with ALDive.

Visited May 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent service under unfortunate circumstances”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I chose to do my Open Water PADI certification with ALDive based on the reviews I read here and they did not disappoint! Prior to the course Samantha was very helpful and punctual in answering emails and helping me to complete the e-learning. I enrolled on the course alone and when I arrived I was surprised to find that I would be the only person on the course with one-to-one tuition from the owner, Billy, at no extra cost! This was great and certainly not the experience I would have had in one of the bigger companies where the groups would undoubtedly be much larger. I had a thoroughly enjoyable first day completing the confined dives but despite not going deeper than maybe 4 or 5 metres I unfortunately suffered some middle-ear barotrauma at the end of my first day. This was a mystery to us all - I certainly felt that I had managed to equalise my ears on the way down. In hindsight I wonder if a cold I had suffered with around 1-2 weeks previously had anything to do with it although I was not feeling congested at all on the day of the dive. Following this unfortunate turn of events Samantha could not have been more helpful. She phoned the guesthouse I was staying at the next day to check I had managed to make an appointment with the ear specialist. She even called in to the guesthouse on her way home from the dive centre! They also offered to find me activities to do on my remaining days in Dominica as I would no longer be diving and Samantha made phone calls to try to find me a whale watching trip. Samantha and Billy were also kind enough to offer me a partial refund as I hadn't completed the course which I felt really went above and beyond the service I expected. They were certainly under no obligation to do this but they are just very genuinely nice and kind people. Billy signed a certificate to show how much I had managed to complete on the first day so I will not have to redo it when I next attempt to complete the course! I would not hesitate to recommend ALDive in the future. I could not have wished for a better experience under the circumstances. The trip could have become a nightmare but thanks to the excellent service I received at ALDive I still managed to have an amazing time on the beautiful island of Dominica! Thank you!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank RaHuUK
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Absolutely a fantastic experience. Small and local company that does a great job and takes you to the “wall” in Dominica. We were on a ship and travel was easy. Cabs were great and honest. AlDive arranged for the travel and it was included in the dive cost. There were five in our group and the dive master did a fantastic job guiding us down the wall and through the coral. Both dives were really good and the water clarity was really good. I have never experienced a wall dive before and if you haven't do it with ALDive. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“First class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We dove twice on Dominica...once in the north with Cabrits and once in the south with ALDive. The diving all over Dominica is outstanding, do you can't go wrong in that regard; but we liked ALDive better than Cabrits because ALDive had great service and a far better boat. And that boat was key on our diving day because the weather turned nasty, but we had cover and warmth with that nice boat.

Visited April 2014
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Experience with ALDive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Just returned from Dominica. We did two trips with ALDive and they were simply fantastic. We are a family of 5 with 3 scuba divers and 2 snorkelers. Ages range from 7 to mid 40s. We rented out their large boat for two half day adventures. It was awesome to have the flexibility of just our family and ALDive did a fantastic job of customizing the trip based upon our various levels and our interests. They had separate guides/instructors for scuba and snorkelers. They also picked sites that could accommodate both activities and a single site. The dive guides were super knowledgeable.

For Scuba, we had both Donny and Thomas. Preparing for each dive, they were great about having equipment set up, making sure it was comfortable and easy to transition into the water. The boat entry was super easy. Both did a great job of pointing out cool sea life and macro elements - lots of eels, squid, lionfish, coral, sea snake. They also showed us diverse locations which was wonderful as well. Each of our four dives was unique. Scott's Head was one of the highlights and Soufriere Pinnacles and Champagne were also exciting. Lastly, they took some pics and videos which was also much appreciated.

For Snorkeling, we had Kitz. He was awesome especially with my youngest son who is seven. He is a strong swimmer and Kitz made the experience extra fun for him. Kitz found him an octopus, a sunken anchor, pointed out all the fish species and a variety of other very cool sea creatures.

During our surface intervals we had fun jumping off the boat, swimming around and touring some of the beautiful bays. Capt Odel did a great job of giving a history of the various villages, pointed out some beautiful churches and scenes from where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed.

Food on the boat was great - fresh mangos, lots of water and some tasty cookies. The boat was super comfortable and we enjoyed lounging and sun-bathing on our way out.

The crew did a great job with equipment - they were totally ready of us on the 1st day and we were on the boat within minutes. Between our trips, they stored our equipment for us. When we showed up for Day 2, the boat was fully loaded and ready to go. They made it completely easy.

Lastly, I have to recognize Samantha - she is great to work with and 100% organized. She quickly understood the needs of our family and arranged two great dive/snorkel days. At one point, the larger boat was booked, so we were going to be on the smaller boat. Last minute, the larger boat opened up and she called us and switched the reservation.

ALDive was a first rate experience and our entire family would HIGHLY recommend for dive trips around Roseau and Scott's Head.

Visited March 2014