“Great experience”

ALDive & W.A.T.E.R Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominica's newest marine operator. Underwater walls and topside waterfalls. Under sea and over land tours, children welcome, small groups only, specials for cruise passengers. R U wet yet?
Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Billy, Bobby, Samantha, and Rudy provided exceptional service to us during our recent vacation and scuba diving in Dominica. Billy and Samantha are locals who own the dive operation, Billy is an exceptional dive master, assisted by Rudy and Bobby. They were careful to assure we had great dive experiences with interesting sites. I am an anxious diver, and they were especially attentive to safety. We had our own equipment, which they stored overnight for us since we spent multiple days diving with them. I would highly recommend this group for a great, personalized diving experience. I especially like the small group experience.

Visited March 2013

Rome
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just great”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Me and my husband had our first trip to beautiful Dominica and we had 25 great dives with Al dive. A smaller more personalised outfit that put safety and client needs first. I felt well looked after by the whole team. Im so pleased we chose them it made our holiday perfect! beuatiful coral, fish life and turtles and nurse sharks. go explore and see if you can find the giant lobster or the tiny seahorse. A passionate dive team - may they have a lot of success to come. thank you all.

Shara and Simon - visited in December 2012

Visited December 2012
1 Thank macchiato1
Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Dive and Island Tour”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We did a two tank boat dive while on Dominica with a cruise ship. They provided us with transportation to and from cruise ship. Dive master was great and equipment was all in great shape. Walk down to boat was a little scary as the pier is high with no railing but they took care of loading and setting up all equipment. They also set up a Island tour for us after our dives.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Blakely57
Silver Spring, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Family Run Dive Shop”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

AL dive is named for the present owners father and the family atmosphere is the best thing you appreciate about this shop. We were traveling on a cruise, and they picked us up from the dock and drove us back as part of the package.

Billy got us squared away at the dock and sent us out with Bobby, Rudi and Kitz.

Along the boat ride and during the surface interval on our two tank dive Rudi continued to wow us with a expert knowledge of his home, of the geography, history, biology, and culture of Dominica. It was great to dive with someone who grew up on Dominica as opposed to ex-pats who just like to dive. I really felt like I was getting a explanation as to why this dive site was the way it was and how it interacted with the volcanic activity that is still forming Dominica.

Rudi took us to L'Abyme and Champagne Reef. L'Abyme was a beautiful wall dive. Champagne reef was nearer the beach and started on a wall but then ended up over the bubbling coral sand which gives the area its name. We saw a huge variety of wildlife, underwater landscapes and our guide knew just where to find a seahorse.

I am a new diver but one of our party, who has 80+ dives said it was one of his top five. For me it's still my #1.

Hats off to Rudi, Bobby, Kitz and the whole family at AL Dive. If you want to really get a local feel for this island, have them take you out.

Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“One of the most relaxing dive experiences ever!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I went diving with ALDive one day while staying on the island. We need to go back!

We called the day before to arrange a two-tank dive and they were very accommodating, pushing back the start time to slightly later in the morning since we were driving over from the other side of the island. From the moment we arrived, Billy and the gang treated us like royalty! Our dive master and boat captain (Rudy and Bobby, respectively) were both professional and efficient while still being super friendly. They also had lots of fun information about the island and the immediate area. From the time we arrived, we were on the boat and heading to the first dive site within 15 minutes.

Now, although we're very competent, my wife and I are not what you'd call hard-core divers: we don't go on dive-specific vacations, live-aboards, or even like to dive more than a couple times in any one day. So for all this, ALDive was PERFECT. Very relaxing experience - no rushing around, plenty of surface interval time, and very easygoing crew. Part of this was due to the fantastic weather and super-calm water, which (I think) ALDive didn't have any direct control over. Nor the fact that we were the only two divers on our excursion. But for the casual divers like us, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. If my wife hadn't come down with a cold the next day, I'm positive we would have gone back.

For some great diving, go ALDive!

Visited October 2012