Tripadvisor
Roseau
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews lobster restaurant service roger partying diving island dominica
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2017

This place is great! It may not be the fanciest place I have ever stayed, but the staff and scenery more than make up for it.

There are a number of rooms including a "honeymoon suite" that vary from sea view to garden view.

The pool is in a private area and has certain days of the week that are "naturalist" friendly. There is also a sauna by the pool.

Marcella is great for meeting your needs for the trip. She can help arrange trips to anywhere on the island or diving from the onsite dive center. There is much to do on this beautiful island and it is impossible to do it all in one trip.

There is an excellent restaurant onsite. People across the island come here for the lobster dinner, but in truth, all the food is great!

My husband and I have stayed at Sunset Bay several times. We love it so much that we decided to get married there! I can't wait to return!

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

I'm living in Dominica for a year, and I always love coming back to Roger's. The food is always so delicious, and their service is second to none. If Roger is around you must chat with him.. Keep it up, guys!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2017

Our family of 8 adults just returned from a week at Sunset Bay. We were on the all inclusive plan, which I would highly recommend. Breakfast was any type of eggs, pancakes, french toast and huge fruit plate. Lunch was soup, salad, sandwiches. We were out on a tour 5 of the days and they made up a picnic lunch for us which also included water, soda, beer. Dinner was a fish, meat, or chicken dish, along with soup, salad and dessert, plus one night of lobster or shrimp if you are staying for a week. We had a vegetarian in our group and they went out of their way to make up dishes for her. The first night service was extremely slow because it was a Saturday night and extremely busy. After that it was fine and waitresses were very friendly. Roger, the owner, is always wandering around offering "shots" to anyone who wants one. He even got up to see us off at 5 am. Rooms were clean and neat..no tv which suited us fine! The only reason I gave it four stars is that they have a solar water heating system and we had lukewarm showers since most of the days were overcast. However, that was a minor inconvenience and I would highly recommend this resort!

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank NhWishfultraveler
sunsetbayclub, Front Desk Rep. at Sunset Bay Club & SeaSide Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2017

Many thanks for this great review; we are extremely happy that the services we rendered were appreciated as we aim to provide the best to all guests and customers alike.

Reviewed November 18, 2016

I liked the place because it has a familiar atmosphere and it is directly located on a beach! You can have a morning dip in the calm ocean before you enjoy a yummi breakfast (no buffet, freshly made) on the terrace with ocean view. Especially in the evening the restaurant gets busy due to the best lobster in town (for a reasonable price). They also offer All-Inclusive for about $50,- more per day and it's worth because the menu prices are a little overprized in my opinion. Rooms all have seaview and are totally fine. Nothing special but clean and spacious enough to place your stuff. I would definitely recommend booking a tour via the hotel because they work with an excellent tourguide (he also organizes the transfers if needed). There are not many places to stay on Dominica and I definitely recommend it. You can always have a nice chat and cold beer with the owners in the evening, enjoy the sunset or check out the Iguanas in the garden (there used to be a lot more but you can still be lucky to see one).

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank AlexBoog
Reviewed August 24, 2016

food was to die for, service was on Que , will be surely visiting there again, customer service was so good i have never had this service in Dominica they treated my group so professionally i must say ,

Room tip: corner suits are large and sunny
Date of stay: July 2016