“Awesome!!!”
Review of Pepper's Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roseau
Pepper's Cottage
Ranked #16 of 21 Roseau B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2010

If you like exploring the rainforest, then Dominica is the place for you because it is one big rainforest ; and I can think of no better guide than Pepper to help you explore it. As lovers of nature, my sister and I wanted to see as much of the island as possible and make use of the sulphur baths. We were not able to see everything in 4 days; but because Pepper knows the island and it's people like the back of his hand, we were able to cover at least 3/4 of what the island has to offer and take in 3 sulphur baths. All you have to do is let him know how long you are staying and just what you want to do and if it is possible he will find a way to make it happen. He is reasonable and very easy to work with and if you for some reason want to change your schedule, he is very accommodating.

We stayed at Pepper's Cottage Suites located outside of the city and found it to be very comfortable, offering all of the basic ammenities of an inn. The room and bathroom is nice and large. I feel comfortable calling it a furnished studio. If you have problems with stairs, they are located on the ground floor - just one step is involved. Expect to get just what you see online.

Edna and Celia

• Stayed: July 2010

Reviewed August 8, 2010

First, there are two properties with "Peppers" in the title - one is in town, the other about a 15 minute drive from Roseau. The taxi driver had some confusion about where to go. Try to nail down specifically which is your destination. "Pepper" is the owner, and he will take care of your needs, whether with full time guide service, making recommendations, giving you a ride to town or the airport, or whatever you may require. I stayed at the property out of town, and found it of good quality for the money. There are only two apartments. I was alone, but several people could be comfortable. There is a full kitchen and full bath. Pepper is very knowledgeable, and I recommend his guide service if your main interest is sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2010

It was my first visit to Dominica and though for a short stay felt at home whist staying at Pepper's Cottage. The Manager met me at the Airport on time; was so professional and friendly. He was always going the extra mile in a calm manner. For the price at his place, which was well furnished and comfortable, I would without any reservations recommend Pepper's Cottage to my fellow St Lucians. Keep expanding Sir and God bless.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2010

This is as advertised on the website. We chose the room and breakfast only package vs the all inclusive, and got our own guide,( though they will provide you with a guide if you want to do a different activity). The cottages are charming, relaxing and romantic- although require many steps to climb to get to the rooms). The food was great. Dominica is for the active- it is a rugged country. When a hike is advertised as a "5" or "extreme", that is exactly what it is! The staff was friendly and accomodating.
We had guide named Pepper (Tel: [--] [--]) who was recommended by a friend. He was great and really made our hiking memorable. We would be back again in a heartbeat. The only small drawback is that Delucie is somewhat out of the way for many of the tourist attractions. This requires some travel time to get to those activities.

D

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I stayed at Pepper’s cottage last October for 5 days. I was initially supposed to be at one of the most expensive hotel of the capital however I changed my mind. Why did I do that? Because of all those reviews on Pepper's. I once said to myself: ''That guy can't be that good, can he''? I looked up for travelers’ reviews that had stayed at his cottage, trying to find anything negatives but 99% of what I saw was positive. I then decided to give it a go and check by myself what that'' it's all about you'' motto is about. I arrived from Guadeloupe to Portsmouth and even though Pepper had told me that I could pick me up (was it already all about me?) I managed easily to get to the cottage by myself. I was at first slightly disappointed by the cottage appearance but it's still a fantastic bargain especially with the swimming pool. The cottage has all facilities (air con, TV, shower, double bed and is really cozy). I made myself comfortable and Pepper’s arrived and greeted me. I told him what wanted to see/do and he came up with a five day agenda. During that time I understood why Pepper deserved his reviews. He ALWAYS looking to help, ALWAYS making sure that make the most of our time on the island. As well as being a good host, he's an excellent guide and made me see breathtaking sceneries avoiding most tourists. Also Pepper has a great sense of humor and must know 90% of the island (Would he be replacing Nicholas Liverpool one day?)
The only downsides (yeah but there are few...) of my trip were:
• The house next door owed by his family shares with the cottage the same water supply. Consequence when someone has shower next door the water power decreases
• The swimming pool needs to be covered

• The way people drive. If you hire a car, think twice really

My review will never be enough to describe the FANTASTIC time (Have a look at my pics) that I had. However I’d recommend Pepper to anyone.

Yes Doctor!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Galagala971
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We booked at Peppers Cottages but ended up staying at Suite Pepper which is newer, larger and has a great view. The accomodations are nice but not resort like but when in Dominica you shouldn't be in your room much.
Pepper was an amazing tour guide and resource on the island. Let him do all your driving, it is money well spent and make sure you do at least a couple tours with Pepper as well.
He knows just about everyone and everything about Dominica which really enhanced our experience.

Stay with the Doctor, you won't be disapointed.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I have stayed at Pepper's Cottage and Pepper's Suites. I recommend Pepper's Suites: they are newer, larger and cleaner than the cottage. The cottage has a great location but getting around is easy via the bus or Pepper was always willing to drive us.
Even if you are not staying with Pepper, he was a great tour guide with the most reasonable prices on the island. Be honest with what you'd like to see and do and Pepper will do all to accommodate your requests. Pepper knew the best days to do each activity we were interested in and he was very honest and straight-forward regarding the cost and the experience.
After spending time with Pepper, I feel that I had a very authentic Dominican experience, meeting many friendly locals and getting to see a side of the island that many visitors likely miss out on. For example, when looking for a great authentic meal, Pepper took us to a small local kitchen- a spot we returned to several times during our stay. I know we'd have never found this great place on our own.

Stayed: July 2008