Based on other Trip Advisor reviews, we stayed at Cocoa Cottages for 4 nights. And, we are really glad we chose this place. First of all the cottages are beautiful and each of the 5 cottages/rooms are unique and distinct. This is not your standard hotel or even B&B. The cottages afford a lot of privacy and ours had a big deck/balcony which looked out onto the mountain-side. There are big trees and lots of vegetation all around you. The room was airy with windows on all sides. The bathroom was a bit small, but plenty good enough. The shower was the instant heater kind and if you are looking for a hot shower, be prepared for low volume of water. A minor inconvenience. Second...the people. Iris and her team are very welcoming and helpful. They will give you all the advice and suggestions needed, and even make reservations etc. as they can. We even had our rental car organized by Iris. We were treated more like friends, rather than guests! The open kitchen was a great place to hang out with the hosts as well as other guests, especially at meal times. Meals are a bit on the expensive side, but, considering that they are freshly cooked, using local ingredients and this is on a small island far away from nearby landmasses, they are not a bad deal. Oh! there is wireless internet too - for a nominal one-time charge (not a daily charge like the big hotels). All in all, it was a great experience in itself, staying at Cocoa Cottages. We would highly recommend it. And, did we mention the cocoa tea!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Cocoa Cottage--Dominica Mind Body Adventure. Cocoa Cottage is an artistic guest house located in the heart of the Roseau Valley, only a few miles from town but worlds apart. This valley is home to many waterfalls, sulfur pools, rivers, and various trails, all within minutes' drive of the cottage. Cocoa Cottage is imaginative, earthy, rustic and whimsical, a fine gentle touch with rough edges. It is a perfect union of all that nature offers. Our kitchen provides food for the soul, using the plentiful offerings of our island. At any time you'll find yourself deep in lively conversation with someone you just met, connecting, sharing, inspiring and being inspired. We adopt eco- friendly daily practices as a way of connecting with ourselves, with one another, and with the world around us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Cocoa Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocoa Cottages Hotel Roseau
- Cocoa Cottages Dominica/Roseau