“Great food, great location”
Review of TAO Restaurant & Lounge Bar - CLOSED

TAO Restaurant & Lounge Bar
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Have had the opportunity to eat Tao on numerous occasions. I love the diversity in the menu. Italian, sushi, American. There is something for everyone. The location is beautiful in an old estate home with an ocean view. The prices are reasonable and the staff friendly. My favorite is the sushi. Nice ocean breeze keeps you cool as you relax in the busy city of Roseau. Check it out.

• Visited July 2012

Martinique
“Cool arrives in Roseau”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have visited Roseau a few times on business over the last couple of years and the restaurant scene has gradually improved over that time. Tao opened recently and is something different, great veiw and art gallery with a Japanese and South American menu. I went for a Peruvian dish, that was excellent and ended up having a few beers with a local guy at the bar. It's about 200 yards from Fort Young Hotel, prices are reasonable, service is best in Roseau and I would highly recommend visiting.

• Visited June 2012
, Owner at TAO Restaurant & Lounge Bar, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thanks for the review, encourages us to continue working hard to supply our customers with the best service and product. Thank you from the TAO Team!!
Denver, Colorado
“Best restaurant in Dominca, IMHO”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We ate at Tao restaurant in April 2012 on the walk from our hotel to town and really enjoyed it. The menu is small but international in flavor and the service was quite good. We had lunch on the large porch (reminded me of an old southern veranda) and it was the best meal we had our entire trip. Prices are reasonable, service is prompt and courteous, and the owner stopped by to make sure we had everything we needed. I highly recommend Tao and it is conveniently located on the main road just on the other side of downtown (the other side being after you drive through town from the direction of the airport.) This is a relatively new restaurant in town and a pleasant change from what you will get in other places.

• Visited April 2012
Dominica
“Absolutely my favorite for lunch”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Because I live in Portsmouth I'm an hours drive away from Roseau, which doesn't make it attractive to go that far for a dinner.
But when I'm in town for the day then TAO is by far my favorite for lunch.
Great seating on the terrace, turned away from the city noise. Very friendly welcome and great service and that's already two points without counted the special selection of great appetizers and lunch dishes. I'm not aware of any restaurant in the Roseau area where you have the same variety of local ingredients fused with worldwide cuisine.
Sushi, ceviche, very original chicken dishes and so much more. For me TAO is the perfect spot for a relaxed lunch with business friends.
Nadezkda and Richard, you've create a great spot - keep it up!!

• Visited May 2012
Portsmouth, Dominica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Peruvian Food in Dominica!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

In the placid balcony of an old house now converted in the main dining room of Tao Restaurant, overlooking the Caribbean Sea, I had the best Chupe I have had in years! Chupe is a Peruvian Soup, usually made with Chicken or Shrimp... I also enjoyed very nice sushi rolls and a very authentic Ceviche...
I went with my kids (picky eaters who loved Tao's food!) and didn't have the chance to enjoy the Jazz at the lounge but the area is an assertive combination of contemporary modular furniture with the charm of what used to be the living of this house... I can't wait to go with my husband alone!
The service was great, helpful, patient and truly warm... very handy when you have two kids under 8 and one of them is allergic to wheat!

• Visited April 2012